The Perfect Gas Can…

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this video helps save you frustration and wasted money on terrible gas cans for your saws and other engines, these ones are a game changer!

I have two and am happy with them. The nozzles broke a few years ago and they replaced them free. I especially like the wide mouth.

I hope this video helps save you frustration and wasted money on terrible gas cans for your saws and other engines, these ones are a game changer!

It is evident by the replies that many people have their preferences. Personally, I like the No Spill 1 gallon cans. I also like the smaller Safety cans as well. Recently I attached 2 single gallon Rotopax cans on my saw box (one oil and one gas). I really like their convenience when packing in and out of the woods. (As far as gas cans go, I think I'm worse than my wife and her handbags. I like them all.)

I like the no spill cans. The seal is built in, just release the button. I usually find mine with some pressure difference between inside and out, so i am confident in the seal. Whatever volatiles coming out of the gas can't get out except passing through the thick plastic siding. Same with inbound moisture.

They rust and condensate, the latch binds over time too when you wear the paint and it rusts, both for the nozzle and the lid too as shown in the video. The nozzle collects dust and debris too which can end up in your tank. Not my preference personally.
Mine never does. Fill completely. Military has been using them since WW2.

I have one of these and I love it. That little thumb button allows you to get just the right amount and fill your tanks up fast without spilling. Only issue I've had in the 5 years I've had it is the flexible spout extension, it wore out and got loose after a while. Nothing a hose clamp couldn't fix though!

I use the same no spill cans he has and have for quite a while now but mine are filled with canned gas and they reside in the corner of the shop which is climate controlled anyway. Only thing I get in my fuel tank is some errant swarf I missed with my ever present paint brush that I use to clean around the caps (bar oil and gas) that I use to remove any debris prior to filling them. I don't believe I've ever changed either an in tank fuel filter nor an oil filter, ever. Always clean when I pull them out.

One thing I do-do is when I'm done using any saw, it comes in and gets blown off with compressed air first thing, before anything. and then I'll pull the bar and clean the groove and grease the roller nose (if applicable) reassemble it and I might flip it and reinstall it, depending on if I install a new sharpened loop. I'm somewhat anal about running sharp chains. The no spill cans IMO are tits and I use them for my lawn equipment as well but with corn squeezed gas instead. Once I saw the can he was using, I knew what his comments would be. Tractor supply sells them and so does Menards fyi.
Haha you don’t mess around!

I use metal cans now, only because when I go to my cabin...I go from 6500 ft elevation to 9500 ft. Every plastic can looked like a puffer fish when I arrived. I can't believe one didn't blow. Oddly I use plastic for diesel fuel, it doesn't puff up.

Another weird fact, canned moto mix doesn't puff and build pressure going up in elevation.

All this physics does is creates hassles.

You guys can have your Jerry cans, metal Eagles, VP racing jugs or any of those unvented plastic eco-safe pieces of ****. I'll take my 2.5 gallon Wedco to the grave with me.

View attachment 1165430
Except when you need to keep 15 gallons on hand at all times . I have one like that too for 2 stroke have a 1 gallon too

Back