The process of getting behind!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rio_Grande

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We often say its been one of hose days, or months, but years? I started getting behind on cutting and splitting a few years ago when I messed my knee up. That set me out for a year. Then trying to catch up financially kept me from the woods. As the pile diminished we ended the season last year burning what scraps we could come up with. After paying over 1k for 3months of nat gas I decided that this year was the year. Then dad was diagnosed w pancreatic cancer. I took over their affairs and am just getting back where they don't need me there 10+ hours a day.

So unless life flexes its muscles again, tomorrow I start back trying to get back 3 years ahead. I have 2 big maples lined up for tomorrow, only the logs are left but at 12 feet long and about 30 ish inches across I think they will produce some wood. I cut those logs 2 years ago and set them up off the ground. I have a half dozen locusts that are too small for posts but will burn just fine. Then to some 2 year down 18 inch ish white oaks, I sure hope they cure fast.

With any luck I can get enough wood cut this fall to get us through the winter and a start on next year.

Thanks, we will be fine one way or the other. I was just thinking earlier, how did we get in this spot and after thinking about it I thought somebody else might be interested in my story. To tell the truth I think I will be happy just to be back cutting.

I sometimes ponder how I might die. If it were to happen when I had a chainsaw in my hands it would not be such a bad thing. Get back in the game and regret nothing.

Cut roughly a cord and split part of it. Will Finish it this weekend. Have some more lined up and some hard to get to down oak trees. Was great to run the big saw. I really like that thing.

Oh, it is a ms390, I know it's a baby to lots here but on our place that is the big dog! I had to cut both sides of several of the big maples, but it did it fine. Only issue all day was that maple got hard waiting to be cut up. Saw ate it no problem but the x27 didn't like it as well. No worries, I will Finnish it off with the splitter!

You're in trouble now. All the Fiskar's guys will be yelling blaspheme with your X27 comments. Those guys think all you have to do is show the wood a Fiskar's and it will split itself in fear and anticipation of what is to come.

Lol, I am sure it can be done,but I don't work that hard. I remember now why i left this load in the woods, it is knotty but no problem, just diddnt have the splitter with me. My little 3 point splitter will complain about this stuff lol.

Latest posts

Back