The Redundant Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silverton where the MadMax movies were made

024_zps2b78c066.jpg

Good friend of mine and myself from a few years ago on a bike trip in the Smoky Mountains. I'm the ugly one on the left. Dane was in a bike crash years ago and lost one of his legs. Had a bolt on leg and a thirst for the open road on two wheels. One of the friendliest and happy guys ever. Never saw him in a sour mood. Just found out he was killed in a bike accident in Arizona last night. Rest in peace brother. Miss you big time !!!!View attachment 423734

Bummah.....He obviously knew what he liked.....and loved the doing of it......to the very end. If we all could be that fortunate........ may he now keep the wind in his face...forever..RIP.........

Sorry for your loss JBA....I know the feeling......

The wife and I went on the Susan Komen race/walk for the cure. Benefits breast cancer research. Second time I attended and she has been going for years. She was so happy to see this picture. She is down about 40 pounds since last year. So proud of her. Love you like crazy Big Red !!!IMG_20150510_085408345_HDR.jpg

Lots of booze but less drugs from what I know of Burning Man. We're a responsible crew. No riding after we start drinking, or drinking while riding.

Believe it,Burning Man has plenty of rules now, not the free for all of old. Drug use has been curbed a whole lot, still happens but mostly undercover now due to the high presence of State Troopers and undercover narcs circulating about, hundreds get charged for drug posession each year. Still plenty of booze consumed but I have yet to see a full blown drunk person there, heat of the day will sweat the alcohol right out of ya.

I think we could dedicate an AS redundant thread just to Burning Man. The ultimate in ephemeral Americana. Never been there, no interest in going. Used to see a lot of people heading there from Eugene when I lived in Southern Oregon.

burning man boat.jpg

There is an annual Burning Man Portland event now called SOAK. The black light painted boob women are the most interesting part of that event for me...

http://rainbowpeacock.weebly.com/nw-burning-man.html

I think we could dedicate an AS redundant thread just to Burning Man. The ultimate in ephemeral Americana. Never been there, no interest in going. Used to see a lot of people heading there from Eugene when I lived in Southern Oregon.

View attachment 424065

There is an annual Burning Man Portland event now called SOAK. The black light painted boob women are the most interesting part of that event for me...

http://rainbowpeacock.weebly.com/nw-burning-man.html

Rode on that one 14 times mostly early afternoon, its there most every year. Our camp has its own mutant vehicle called Fishtank. Boobs are one of the reasons most red blooded males go to BM....LOL

Burning man, duuuuude! Nice photos. I was not aware that you were that 'close' to the BM fishing boat.

My brother and I stopped at Cougar Hot Springs in central Oregon one summer a few years ago, off-roading our way north through the Cascade range. A long haired hippy type came up to us and asked, "You got any empty cans, man?" My brother said he could have all we had in the cooler, which was about an empty case of beer cans. His buddy came over to see what was happening, and got mad. "Cans? We don't need any cans, man! We need money man, not cans!" The first guy replied, "Well, we can get money for cans man, and no one will just give us money to get to Burning Man, man!" The second guy replied, 'We need money for gas man, not cans!" That was when gas was all of $1.80 a gallon. I dunno if they made it to Burning man or not. The first guy took our cans and thanked us, and they debated the aspects of cans and getting to burning man walking back to their van. Obviously they were out of Eugene. Cougar Hot Springs was interesting. There are a series of cascading hot spring pools there, about a dozen in all. Half of them were filled, many with groups of naked young women for our viewing pleasure. At the top was a guy alone in the hottest pool dressed in green Army underwear. He also had green and black cammo makeup on. He was obviously tripping on something. He looked like he was out of the later half of the movie, Apocalypse Now!"

Latest posts

Back