The secret member of the 5000 family

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, but thats because I have to compress them into zip files, othervise they are way to big..

Bo, I use a image resizer for windows. Free download, just install it and you can select a whole lot of pictures at the same time to resize. I use 800x 600 and it seems good that way. It will save your original if you want to and make a resized copy.

As for the saw, I'm willing to bet its a 46mm open port, but I'm betting it still runs good. Remember the original Partner 500 was 49cc open port so I'm betting the 46mm open port would whip a 500 pretty good.

You`re Welcome
ok, what do you think of it?

I don`t form much of an opinion from just looking at picts of a saw. I need to handle it first, start and run it second and tear it down to see the parts used in its construction before I can give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. It is built by a company with a great reputation in the chainsaw industry but they like the others have been known to build great saws and some mediocre ones also.

I don`t form much of an opinion from just looking at picts of a saw. I need to handle it first, start and run it second and tear it down to see the parts used in its construction before I can give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. It is built by a company with a great reputation in the chainsaw industry but they like the others have been known to build great saws and some mediocre ones also.

Fair statment Jerry. I agree and commend you for that stance.

Myself I have looked the IPL over very close for that saw and can tell you its pretty much a Partner 500/5000/5500 with just a couple of changes. I think I can have a pretty good feel for this one.

Fair statment Jerry. I agree and commend you for that stance.

Myself I have looked the IPL over very close for that saw and can tell you its pretty much a Partner 500/5000/5500 with just a couple of changes. I think I can have a pretty good feel for this one.

It sure looks that way Mark,..but I have read too many specs sheets in my time only to be disappointed or not with the actual product the spec sheets covered. It does have some promising parts and features but I can also see some areas that may or may not prove to be troublesome. The recoil side cover may be a weak link depending on what material is used in its composition. I see the Mahle cylinder logo on the base but is it a nicasil lined cylinder or chrome bore. I guess I just really need more info and even feedback from other owner/users if I cannot use or hold the saw in my own two hands. If the owner of this saw likes it very much and is happy with the way it works, the quality of the parts and overall makeup of the saw then that matters more than my opinion on it. I don`t go much for hyping up a saw until it proves itself to me over a period of time, way too easy to jump on a new saw rush and proclaim it the greatest thing since sliced bread , maybe it is but then again?
Pioneerguy600

It sure looks that way Mark,..but I have read too many specs sheets in my time only to be disappointed or not with the actual product the spec sheets covered. It does have some promising parts and features but I can also see some areas that may or may not prove to be troublesome. The recoil side cover may be a weak link depending on what material is used in its composition. I see the Mahle cylinder logo on the base but is it a nicasil lined cylinder or chrome bore. I guess I just really need more info and even feedback from other owner/users if I cannot use or hold the saw in my own two hands. If the owner of this saw likes it very much and is happy with the way it works, the quality of the parts and overall makeup of the saw then that matters more than my opinion on it. I don`t go much for hyping up a saw until it proves itself to me over a period of time, way too easy to jump on a new saw rush and proclaim it the greatest thing since sliced bread , maybe it is but then again?
Pioneerguy600

Yes your right, I was just saying I expect it to run like a Husky 55 but handle like a 5000 Partner.

husky 55??

it has the top end from a husky 55 not the design similar to the Partner 5000? The reason i ask is because im looking for a P5000 top end, thanks for any help. Matt

it has the top end from a husky 55 not the design similar to the Partner 5000? The reason i ask is because im looking for a P5000 top end, thanks for any help. Matt

Matt, I can't say for sure, I have not been inside a 55 myself.

What I do know from IPL's is the 55 and 5000 call for the same base gasket, and the stroke is the same. Intake appears the same, not sure about the exhaust.

Might work?

Maybe find someone with a junk P/C to measure them up.

A quick look at the ipl and a quick google search indeed shows the same P/C from a Husqvarna 55.

First thing that came to mind was that cylinder looked an awful lot like my 51. Since a 55 top end will bolt to a 51, it make sense. I really like the design of this one, especially the AF and cover integration. Looks like it would be a very easy saw to throw around in the woods. How effective is the anti vibe? does it still feel solid, or does it feel like it is hinged when you lean on it?

First thing that came to mind was that cylinder looked an awful lot like my 51. Since a 55 top end will bolt to a 51, it make sense. I really like the design of this one, especially the AF and cover integration. Looks like it would be a very easy saw to throw around in the woods. How effective is the anti vibe? does it still feel solid, or does it feel like it is hinged when you lean on it?

The Antivibe feels very good, think it works better (less vibes) than my Husky 55, maybe something between my 55 and my 353.
The Handles does´nt feel like it`s hinged or something.
The saw is a tad heavier than the 55 (it`s stated to 5,4 kg without B/C), but when you use it, it`s very agile, and powerful.

:agree2:

I like the starter cover, It looks like an improvement over the original 3-bolt cover that had a tendency to crack, and the slots would plug easy with debris. Looks like it is designed to glance off blows by objects that would break a flat thin finned cover. It looks like all the covers would fit right up to a 325 Poulan pro. Mark are you thinking what I am? Someone send me a set of those covers.

I like the starter cover, It looks like an improvement over the original 3-bolt cover that had a tendency to crack, and the slots would plug easy with debris. Looks like it is designed to glance off blows by objects that would break a flat thin finned cover. It looks like all the covers would fit right up to a 325 Poulan pro. Mark are you thinking what I am? Someone send me a set of those covers.

No I wasn't thinking that at all. I might have been thinking about getting a whole saw though. :hmm3grin2orange:

...... I don`t really like thet recoil cover, think it looks like something from a spaceship!
.... .

That is what I don't like as well + that the basic design is dated, with a "flag" type brake handle, and lacking the "Air Injection". None of that is critical in practical use of course! :)

think it´s only 53 cc, but you´re right! it cuts really good, and it was the first "real" saw I´ve had, so will probarly keep it for ever :clap:

53.2cc, like the 5500, 540, (most) 2054, 2055 and (most) Husky 55. It looks like the "hottest" ones are the 2055 and 5500.

That is what I don't like as well + that the basic design is dated, with a "flag" type brake handle, and lacking the "Air Injection". None of that is critical in practical use of course! :)

According to some IPL´s that I have seen, some of the 543 HAS the CCS!

Back