The smallest chainsaw ever made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John in MA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
All right, here's the companion question to what I asked last month. What's the smallest displacement regular production chainsaw ever made?

Anyone?

This One is smaller

Sorry but I think this saw is the smallest plus you can use this saw right or left handed and start it any way you like. I also have used both oil and synthetic mix.

I saw a Husky 35 today, it looked much like the Stihl 015. I almost bought it, but why? Do I need to start the vicious cycle all over again?
John

Gypo, What about that little 12v monster you had, still got it? That has to be the smallest electric I've ever seen.

Hey you Tame Ape! I'm not gonna fall for that one!
You are just trying to egg me on, just to see if you can coerse me into doing something outrageous! Such as bucking a piano in half or even my nice Butternut dining room table.
Lets see what I come up with you trouble maker.
Gypo

There's a little voice in my head "come on man, cut the piano. come on man,cut the piano. come on man, cut the dining room table. come on man, cut the dining room table" Fortunately the little bastard can be drowned out with whiskey.

Johgn doesn't type that fast, but I know he's around. I think he may be preparing another of his famous staged pictures. A table perhaps?

gyro,

sounds like you're still dreamin' of cinnamon topped buttered nuts, and all on top of that poor table......

.too bad the ginger ones didnt fly....

The old McCullough PM-6A weighed in around 7 lb, dont know the displacement.

A current Redline saw is around 1.5 cubes, and gutless at 1.1 hp, weighs 6.4 lb, likely the lightest ever. They have quite a budget for ads, I guess, as I see lots in arbo pubs. That saw would be way slower than a good sharp Silky, especially counting the grab, position, and crank time.

I'm regretting my purchase of an Echo 3400 for $87 on ebay. It is pretty new, but just so darn gutless, compared to my hot 335, even the stock one. Anyone want it for $107 including shipping? I'll even throw in a new chain and workable bar, unlike the messed up one I got with it.

The PM 6 was a small saw. But I think the the Mini Twelve marketed by Lombard with an O&R engine was the smallest. There were a few companys that used the O&R engine in there saws. It definitely has the smallest carb and exhaust:alien:

Latest posts

Back