The Traveling Leveraxe/Leveraxe 2 Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If push comes to shove we could put out a thread asking for a member to swing by.
He says he has it and says he will send it. I just don't know what the problem is to actually send it off. He said it's still in the box that was sent to him 4 years ago.

I clearly communicated to that when I had a chance to ship it I would and I would provide the tracking results at that time. It took years for Heikki to authorize me to ship it to someone, a little patience would be appreciated in shipping it out. I hardly disappeared, but shipping this axe hasn't been my top priority the last couple of weeks and I hardly need to explain here why that is the case.

Rich,

I followed up with you several times (multiple that went unanswered) and the last response I received was "I'm busy and will let you know when I send it". I'm sorry but I think that is a little vague and sort of a "check is in the mail" type of answer, especially after you ignored my emails.

I do appreciate you following up with a tracking number to let me know that it is en route.

How many times in four years did you reach out to Heikki to find out where/who to ship it to? After four years one could assume............

How many times in four years did you reach out to Heikki to find out where/who to ship it to? After four years one could assume............

A couple of times back when I first got the Leveraxe and Heikki specifically instructed me to hold onto it until he decided who it should be sent to. The Leveraxe was his property so this made perfect sense to me. In addition, I corresponded with the person that started the original pass around (ericjeeper) and confirmed I had the Leveraxe and was willing to ship it to the next person. Neither ericjeeper or Finland (Heikki) ever contacted me to let me know who to pass it forward to. In addition, this information existed publicly in the original thread if you care to review for yourself. In the mean time, I believe this site went through an upgrade and I no longer received any notifications from the original thread nor was I an active member and I heard nothing further.

Steve was the first person to contact me to about the Leveraxe on January 21, 2015. Since this was no longer part of the original pass around and my last instructions by Heikki were to hold onto it awaiting his instruction, I confirmed with him that he was agreeable to me shipping it to Steve. Heikki confirmed with Steve that he had never instructed me to ship the Leveraxe previously and to go ahead and ship it to Steve.

As far as Steve's comment that multiple emails went unanswered, I have eight emails that I received from him since January 21, 2005, I responded to six of them. I had told him that I was busy but once I shipped, I would provide the tracking results. For four years there wasn't any interest in this item and then I am contacted out of the blue about it by someone I have never had any prior contact nor were they a part of the original pass-around. None of you have any idea on the current state of my whereabouts or priorities, whether I have a health condition or not, on vacation, out of town for work, etc. I said I'd ship it when I could and provide tracking results at that time and I did exactly that shipping it via FedEx Ground yesterday.

Would you have an update on your impressions of it at this time, after having it and maybe using it a lot? TIA.

I have reported multiple times in multiple places that I never even opened the box, it didn't arrive to me until after I had planned to use it.

Looks like it is in Canada now, Toronto, Ontario to be exact But it is $$$$$

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-hand-tool/ci...xe/1033051380?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Looks like you Canadians get to pay am extra 50 bucks.

An another note, the original Leveraxe arrived at my house today. Since I'm in NY for a week, it's under the watchful eye of my neighbor. Unfortunately it took too long to arrive as I could have put it through several species of hardwood out here.

Looks like you Canadians get to pay am extra 50 bucks.

An another note, the original Leveraxe arrived at my house today. Since I'm in NY for a week, it's under the watchful eye of my neighbor. Unfortunately it took too long to arrive as I could have put it through several species of hardwood out here.

Well the exchange rate and all. I don't know how it will here. Plenty of splitting mauls can be had cheap the Fiskars is 70.00 with a lifetime warranty so I am not too sure how many they will actually sell. I do see it selling well in Europe but the price is a big issue. Also firewood is rather cheap in many areas and the price of an electric splitter is maybe 100 more than the Leaveraxe.
Most interesting for sure!

Latest posts

Back