The type of people on this site!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khntr85

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well guys I must say for a guy like me that didnt care about the Internet, until my wonderful lady got me this fancy phone LOL, I am fully impressed with some of the people on this site!!!!!
Anyway, here is my story..... I had the opportunity to buy a 362 made In 2012, the saw never ever cut any wood, as the guy that owned it used it to drill holes in in telephone poles...yes saws can be used as drills!!!..any way I bought the saw for $50 and it had a broke clutch, no sprocket assembly, no sprocket cover, no bumper spikes, never had a drop of bar oil in the saw, and I figured I may as well get a P&C incase the stock one was fried.... Remember this was used as a drill not a "chainsaw"..... So my goal was clear, take this saw that didn't have many hours, and make it a firewood cutting SOB...
So next step, find parts.... Well I start looking around everywhere and find two guys with the parts I need, on this site, one guy in my home state another in NM.... Well I must say I will not mention anyone personally but the guy in My home state actually sent me parts before I even had a PayPal account, I mean really hard to believe someone that trusting these days.... And the guy in NM, anbsouluty gave me a great deal on Many parts, and two days after I pay him parts are at my door, he also coached me threw many things I wasn't sure about!!!!
Sorry for long winded post just figured out of respect I should post something.... And if anyone is curious enough I could tell them why I couldn't get the saw running "perfect" and yes it's a sad and funny mistake!!!!!

Anyway great site, great people, thanks to all.... KYLE!!!!

Oh damn forgot to add some pics of the rebuild!!!!!image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg

And her are some finished shots...you can see the messed up P&C I had to clean up some dumb person used a flat heat screwdriver as a piston stop!?!?!?

I was curious as to how that cyl and piston ended up that way. Guess its time for an upper end kit.

image.jpeg Ok so I could not get this saw running, and narrowed it down to what I thought was a bad carberator..... Well I was right about the carb being bad, so I bought one because I got a smokin deal on a new one from my buddy in NM....this gasket I have pictured was on the saw when I bought it, so I though it went between the filter housing and the carb..... However it just didn't look right to me and I kept studying the IPL and manuals for the ms362, that I of course got off of site!!!!
So I keep goin with my build and when I put the new carb on I put the damn gasket were it was when I bought the saw....Well come to find out I was right and this damn gasket doesn't go behind the carb on a 362, it was actually blocking a hole on the carb and causing the saw to bog when using the throttle, and barely idled...I have no idea were the gasket came from or what it is for LMAO!!!!

So any way after lots of frustration and wanting to take the saw out back and blow it up, it turned out that a gasket that don't even belong on the saw, was causing her to run horribly....needless to say I shown my In experience, but my persistence paid off and I now have a awesome362 that has never even cut a piece of wood, pretty sweet!!!!'

Thanks to all who helped Kyle!!!!! And

Well someone used a flathead screw driver to block the piston to get the clutch off because they broke it..... The guy I bought the saw from said the guys he worked with didn't care about the company saws at all.... Go figure.... They just break them and buy new ones if they can't fix it really fast....luckily I bought a new piston and cylinder incase I couldn't clean the oem ones up....

Yes sir I have cut a few good loads of black walnut, and ran her in some ash, and oak pieces at my house.... I got the 20" bar on with a RM chain and I must say she will definitely be my new go to saw, I love her.....very good power and torque in my opinion.....I still want to get a RS chain and put on the 362 or my 18" .325 .63 gauge ms250, and give it a try because I have always used the RM...... I don't know how well the RS would hold up in real hard wood, but it may do fine in walnut, and I have ALOT of walnut to cut still..... So if anyone has a RS chain they don't want I will buy it to try out.... If I get it at my dealer it will be around $48 for 2 RS loops for the 20" 362....

But yes as far as the ms362 goes I am extremely happy how it turned out a huge thanks to you Newtostihl and also a huge thanks to Eriks, they both sold me parts at a great price, and then the answered any questions I had.... Both great guys in my opinion!!!!!!

That cylinder with the chunk taken out of the exhaust is in perfect shape for anyone who ports cylinders. The roof will get raised just past where that bad spot ends, so it would be like it never existed to begin with.
Same with the piston, some will grind it instead of the cylinder.

Yes sir I had a very knowledgeable guy on this site inform me that as long as I sanded those bad spots out good, and made sure the rings were good, I would be fine.... Well turns out he was 100% right as it has ran great so far!!!!

I cleaned up this piston and cylinder and they are what I am used for now in the saw!!!... Absolutely runs great and no problems....

I would have liked to try a mild port job, but just wanted to get the basics down first!!!

Maybe if I get some spare time I can try a port job... I have a hyway piston that's brand new I can use also.... Any of you guys ever used a hyway piston in a oem cylinder on the 362..

Back