The "What did you cut/haul today?" thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shari,

You do realize that the snow you had yesterday, will be here today while the Nuzzmeister and myself are cutting wood right?

Been downpouring rain all night... Yeah...

When that snow comes, it's gonna be one hell of a sloppy mess :D:D

No Snow Here. . .

We lucked out for a change as the snow is south and east of us this time around.
So actually yesterday morning was a perfect time to take the old Husky 55 out for a little workout. I think she was beginning to feel slighted 'cuz she wasn't invited to come along to the MN/WI GTG. This was the first weekend the snow has been down enough in the woods to get the tractor out.
Ended up gettig about six dead oak and ash trees out to the field and of course two of my "buddies" had to see what I was doing.
Only worked the morning so I could get into town to pick up my new trail saw at my Husky dealer in Antigo. . . no luck!!! He hadn't got it in yet. Said he''ll have it in a week.

Al :cheers:

attachment.php

Cottonwood, Cherry, and Maple

I spent Saturday morning getting the flat tire on my trailer fixed then off to haul in 2 mixed loads of cottonwood, cherry and hard maple rounds. I split the cottonwood with the chopper 1 axe, it was very straight grain and split easily. Incentive was to beat the rain that was heading our way. Cutting and hauling 2 loads is about all I want to do in a day. My trailer holds just under a cord.

My son and I were blazing new trails in the thick part of the woods(to be able to some standing dead),drug out some dead fall.Met a neighbor whose property borders the thick stuff,he wants to take down a couple dead box elders and give me the wood!

Never even fired up the saw... :givebeer:

Here Is my load of elm from yesterday. I am glad I got it out before the snow.:clap: This Is one of two loads we cut, we cut two cords total.Today is time to sit back with a beer and relax the muscles.:givebeer:
attachment.php
[/IMG]

I can not figure out why I can't get my pictures to show up , I have my pop up blocker shut off and have read how to attach the picture on the picture form. Can some body try to help me out or should I get out the chainsaw :greenchainsaw:

Help

Here Is my load of elm from yesterday. I am glad I got it out before the snow.:clap: This Is one of two loads we cut, we cut two cords total.Today is time to sit back with a beer and relax the muscles.:givebeer:

attachment.php
[/IMG]

Get rid of the http:// when you click on the little mountain highligthed in blue...It is already in the shortcut...

attachment.php

For some reason you have an extra
tag in there. I deleated them when posting my reply to you so hopefully your image will show.

What's the Polaris trailer inside the wood hauler trailer thing going on in your photo?

Shari

I use Photobucket and can not help you much.

Here is my little load of Elm. It is all I could handle today.

elm.jpg

It is time for ice cream and beer.

If you replace the url in the [brackets] to img in there it shows up...

Thanks guys for the help with the picture. Wife'n'hubby the polaris trailer is not a trailer but a 6X6 atv. It has a 46" X44" bed attached to it and the back 4 wheels are driving all the time you can also chose to lock in the front , thus 6 wheel drive. Here is a better side shot of it on the trailer, hope this works
attachment.php

Thanks again for the help
Beefie

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the help with the picture. Wife'n'hubby the polaris trailer is not a trailer but a 6X6 atv. It has a 46" X44" bed attached to it and the back 4 wheels are driving all the time you can also chose to lock in the front , thus 6 wheel drive. Here is a better side shot of it on the trailer, hope this works
attachment.php

Thanks again for the help
Beefie

Spent my weekend sitting on the toilet with a bucket in my hands, letting it fly from both ends. Worst part is that all 3 kids and my wife were doing the same thing. Good part of the week end is that Friday evening I picked up an old Remington saw that is in great condition. Came with original case and manuel and runs really well. CL find for $45.00. Tonight I will tear into it a little more and see what I can find out about it.

We lucked out for a change as the snow is south and east of us this time around.
So actually yesterday morning was a perfect time to take the old Husky 55 out for a little workout. I think she was beginning to feel slighted 'cuz she wasn't invited to come along to the MN/WI GTG. This was the first weekend the snow has been down enough in the woods to get the tractor out.
Ended up gettig about six dead oak and ash trees out to the field and of course two of my "buddies" had to see what I was doing.
Only worked the morning so I could get into town to pick up my new trail saw at my Husky dealer in Antigo. . . no luck!!! He hadn't got it in yet. Said he''ll have it in a week.

Al :cheers:

attachment.php

Now that(!) is one peaceful looking scene!:)

Shari

Latest posts

Back