The worst customer support I have ever experienced!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was this the one with the odd looking damage on only one part of the piston
exhaust side, and 1 mm to the left, looked new? Post the pics again please
or revive the original. Hell I'll call those guys myself if that is the one.

Yup that was his saw. Sure looked more like something either went in the engine or came out the engine instead of a lean burn.

Unfortunately this is the one reason I wont buy a dolmar, no dealer support and 5100s seem to burn up easy.

To the OP, sorry to hear about if I was you I would be calling dolmar and screaming at them. the saw is four months old, they need to fix it.

To echo what everyone else said,

CALL DOLMAR DIRECTLY.

Be calm but clear, tell them what happened. Hopefully you have another dealer around because those guys are probably going to hear it from dolmar, or at least be pi$$ed that you went over their heads, and I wouldn't necessarily want them working on my saw.

it was in his first sentence but i know how slow you are buddy.
Here it is

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=113212

hears the pictures.

OK couldn't stand it any more so between jobs I went and pulled the muffler. And yes they did check the high side and said that it is set at 14,400 rpm's.

What do the picture tell?

http://picasaweb.google.com/szarmack/SickSaw#

DSCN1907.JPG

To echo what everyone else said,

CALL DOLMAR DIRECTLY.

Be calm but clear, tell them what happened. Hopefully you have another dealer around because those guys are probably going to hear it from dolmar, or at least be pi$$ed that you went over their heads, and I wouldn't necessarily want them working on my saw.

Exactly. Getting mad and raising hell makes it very hard for the person on the other end of the line not to take it personal. I deal with the public all the time and sometimes I have to tellem, when you calm down I'll be happy to resolve the problem but as long as your rasiing hell I can't do much for ya cept listen.

Remember always, you get more with sugar than you do vinegar.

I would almost lay money once he describes the whole ordeal about his saw Dolmar will take care of it.....

I agree with everyone i think you are getting tthe run around from the shop
they most likely did not contact Dolmar but blew you off.

names dates ond organization into the problem will go a long way as will
acting like a calm understanding person.

Now if they tell you the same thing GAME ON .

I seen a 5100 fore sale at a tractor show .Now i know why it was there all weekend.

***************************Update***********************

Hey everyone got some good news. I did call the mfg and presented my case. Told them that for the dealer to just blame the problem on bad fuel, operator error or what ever they wanted to call it was pretty lame especially when I told them that my service order states they changed the fuel and made the adjustments. Said a few other things but keep my head and an hour or so later I got a phone call from a Dolmar rep and was informed that he spoke to the dealer and they came to the conclusion that the mfg would split the cost with the dealer and I should have the saw back early next week at no cost to me.
Relieve that its going to be repaired but frustrated that how it had to come together. Anyways thanks for all your support / ideas you guys really help me through it.
:givebeer::greenchainsaw:

Hey everyone got some good news. I did call the mfg and presented my case. Told them that for the dealer to just blame the problem on bad fuel, operator error or what ever they wanted to call it was pretty lame especially when I told them that my service order states they changed the fuel and made the adjustments. Said a few other things but keep my head and an hour or so later I got a phone call from a Dolmar rep and was informed that he spoke to the dealer and they came to the conclusion that the mfg would split the cost with the dealer and I should have the saw back early next week at no cost to me.
Relieve that its going to be repaired but frustrated that how it had to come together. Anyways thanks for all your support / ideas you guys really help me through it.

Good!

Awesome glad to see it worked out for you.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Good job and good for you. I don't understand this half cost thing with the dealer and Dolmar. I bet the dealer is ticked now but thats beside the point. You did good!!!

If I understood it right, the dealer tried to blame the owner for bad gas that he put in it right?

If so who cares what they think now.

I realize that but it the thing hadn't blowed up in the first place the dealer wouldn't had to mess with it at all. On the flip side I'm with you, they toyed with the man, now they gotsa payyyyyyyyyyy,LOL

im glad its getting fixed, but it seems bad business for Dolmar to be getting the dealer, that was the cause of the problems, invovled in fixing the saw.

i know i would have politely said how grateful i was for Dolmar coming to the party, but did not want the dealer that, A, didnt find the problem in the first place, then, tried to fob it off on me and tell me there wasnt anything wrong with the saw when there clearly was....i would have no confidence in that dealer taking a professional appraoch to the repair, especially when they have been told by their boss to do it.......when really they dont want to, nore think they should.....i think there attitude will be even worse this time round.

hope it all comes good mate,
Serg

it was in his first sentence but i know how slow you are buddy.
Here it is

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=113212

I have your slow buddy "right here"..........

All of the "Matts" around here are on the ground, with a lot of mud and chicken
rep on them........

But then again, it is Friday night, and the only posters here, now,
are either gay or married........ With a bleak weekend outlook.......

they came to the conclusion that the mfg would split the cost with the dealer and I should have the saw back early next week at no cost to me.

I can't figure out why the dealer has to pay for half, unless that's their punishment for being jerks...

As long as the dealer doesn't turn around and bill you for 'your half', things should be fine. But from the way the diagnosis was done, I wouldn't want them working on my saw past the warranty period, there seems to be a competence problem here. 'Blame the fuel and adjust the carb' might work as a quick first attempt, but when it comes back as 'you didn't fix it', they've got to at least look at the freaking piston or check the compression...

Do Dolmar dealers get their warranty authorization through Dolmar USA or the distributors?

I have your slow buddy "right here"..........

All of the "Matts" around here are on the ground, with a lot of mud and chicken
rep on them........

But then again, it is Friday night, and the only posters here, now,
are either gay or married........ With a bleak weekend outlook.......

Fish we don't know what you said to Dolmar but they called Dale back pretty fast. Did you threaten them with alot of mud and chicken rep?,LOLOLOL

Latest posts

Back