thermopex tubing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

augercreek

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I live in Duluth Mn. and am looking for 1 1/4" thermopex,no one handles that large,only 1 Wha". I have a 180' run so I've heard you should use 1 1/4". What's everyones thoughts on this?
Your fellow Garn user Jerry

Depends on the BTU requirements, but 1-1/4 obviously will flow more btu's with a smaller pump than 1 inch and a larger pump. I used 1-1/4 for a 100 foot run and need about 120 thousand and am flowing 180 with a taco f14, an f7 would flow at 130k at the same distance. one inch at 100 feet would probably flow 80k with an f7 and 90 k with the 14. I paid $13 per foot but the big costs are the fittings as they add up. I believe central's pex is made by Rehau as it is actually metric.

I find it hard to believe that a good quality 1" won't do the job at most any length. By good quality I mean the logster type foamed in the tube kinda stuff.
As I have said before. I've never totally bought into the "you have to run BIG pipe" theory.
Stick 1" pipe in the ground.. Do it right... Enjoy the heat...

Food for thought. A guy I know runs 150'+ with 3/4" pipe and is happy as a clam.

Uponor has 2 or 3 manufacturing plants in Minnesota so maybe it would be easier to get a wider variety of sizes form them in your area.

PM me I can send you a name of the guy in Wisconsin that I got my 32mm Logstor from. It is sold as 1" but it is the same as 1-1/4" thermopex.

gg

Latest posts

Back