These guys don't help much

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we have a Golden too. My daughter was two when we got him and she named him Danger because she thought the word was funny at the time. We liked the irony of a golden named Danger. excellent temperament but he has his quirks, if he finds a stick he is chewing on it. He is a notorious begger. When we play ball he will bring it back to me and then doesn't give it up I have to pull it out of his mouth. My kids have roughed him up over the years and he will just find another place to sleep if they bother him.

He is deathly afraid of thunder.

I have a pic of him I love from last winter, I will try to find it.

Last edited:
The Jakester would be upset if I didn't reply to this thread. You can see him in his element here, ready to rumble. Unfortunately he doesn't like the saws much. Or the compressor. Or anything else that doesn't resemble a couch, bed, small varmit or food. He sort of likes me if I can offer one of the previous four items. His taste in couches could be better though.

Hi,

I think, he did your work, didn`t he.

Roteiche;)

Introducing RB the contortionist:

Our front yard is full of lops (the logging is going on close to the house) that he brings back from our walks. Doesn't bring back any usable fire wood, just lopped off branches. Some of those branches are huge compared to him. He's put in his pen when I'm cutting cause he does follow me and I'm afraid I might drop a tree on him. Fearless when it comes to noise, if the compressor comes on he's over there wanting to fight an air stream, chain saw fires up, he just yawns, thunder, sleeps thru it, if there's snoring at night, he does leave the bed room. Loves to run and it will be a sad day when he can no longer run like that. He's a N.C. barn yard mutt and I nicknamed him Bub ba. Two (human) yrs. olds this Dec. and 75 lbs.

DSC00138.jpg

:cheers:

The Jakester would be upset if I didn't reply to this thread. You can see him in his element here, ready to rumble. Unfortunately he doesn't like the saws much. Or the compressor. Or anything else that doesn't resemble a couch, bed, small varmit or food. He sort of likes me if I can offer one of the previous four items. His taste in couches could be better though.
My golden is the other way around, loves thunder storms runs around to see who is shooting at what. Chainsaws he has been taught to stand behind me ever since a pup he waits a safe distance back then when the tree is limbed he does his walk down the trunk and critiques the stump!He is my best friend and I take him everywhere plus he is the best chick magnet you could find!And he loves to hunt and in his old age 8 now he is starting to point! Until the pressure gets to him then he has to get at that dam bird.He is starting to get gray now but still full of energy. His name is Austin

Here the "new dog" - Buddy... 16 weeks....

It's our neighbors new dog, but we get him 80% of the time, pay no bills, and do the training.

Right now he's not much use, unless it cleaning up spilled food..

You never really know how much food gets spilled on the floor, until your last dog is gone. We used to have three Bearded Collies, but now the kitchen floor is just a mess...

attachment.php

Here the "new dog" - Buddy... 16 weeks....

attachment.php

It's our neighbors new dog, but we get him 80% of the time, pay no bills, and do the training.

Right now he's not much use, unless it cleaning up spilled food..

Good to see a new face in the family.

This little guy doesn't help me out much yet. He is a lot bigger now though.

Everyone here has some great looking dogs.

I am sorry for your loss Lakeside.

Last edited:
I mentioned how one of our Goldens is an entrepreneur, so here is the story of how SHE trained US so well...

Puppies tend to chew on everything (especially the retrieving breeds) and like to hide when they are working on something that they know that they shouldn't have.

An example:

attachment.php

We have been fairly successful with rewarding them when they BRING those objects rather than hiding with them (well, after the ball point pen incident, LOL).

Being a forward thinker, she quickly figured that she could "earn" cookies for bringing nearly anything - socks, sticks, pinecones, rocks, firewood, fish heads and recently a duck head.

Soon she was supervising while the other golden did the actual work...she would notify me that it was payday.

Tonight was one of her more cleaver moves to expand her market - she rooted around in her toy bucket and brought a long forgotten Kong from the very bottom of the bucket, expecting payment in cookies, as usual.

No, they really are not spoiled. They have always smelled like that.

This is my best mate... one well loved german shepherd

he has a thing for firewood, i dont know where he gets it from :chainsaw:

I take him with me when im on the saws, cut off a reasonable block off wood and throw it to him... he will play with it all day until we are done. Unless he sees a cat, he tends to eat those.

very smart dog too, great guard dog and awesome with kids.

the handbrake says "excuse the messy house, it was xmas..."

MikeinParadise, I'll bet that Bichon is top dog.

If my lab, Nick, had known then what he knows now he would have put our Bichon, TJ, in his place while TJ was still a puppy. It's too late now, TJ rules the household.

attachment.php

Steve - Nice looking German Shepherd....I'll see if I can get a pic of ours to throw up on this thread.

Nice pic's I see you spoil your dogs just as much as the saw! That reminds me time to get the vacume out and clean the seats.My hound will beep the horn if I am taking too long he get's a kick out of doing it.

Naw, I was trying to hide the saw. The saws ride in the back but if I am up the back of hill I stick the saws in cab to avoid someone walking off with one.

My seats are beyond disgusting between the dirt off of me and the dogs.

Sam the Bichon loves to spend his day in the truck. I have to force him out of it. Sam knew that in my wifes car with power windows that he could put them down by pressing on the button.

MikeinParadise, I'll bet that Bichon is top dog.
Yes he is for sure. He is 9 years old and the other one is a couple of years
(not sure exactly as he was a stray that we took to the SPCA after he hung around for a week in the winter and then adopted him when they were going to put him down).

Funny thing is that Sam the Bichon decided a few years ago that he didn't want to go out in the truck with me anymore.

Then when we got the other dog, after a couple of months of watching him go with me, he decided that he always need to come as well.

Good company but they are a PITA as well. :)

Here's mine clearing me a path to the woodpile...

443480411209_0_ALB.jpg

At least she's good for something...

743480411209_0_ALB.jpg

Breaking trail is hard work...

943480411209_0_ALB.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back