They said they was gonna do it, they did!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any particular brand loyalty but I do like flippy caps and the see through gas tank. Is there a patent on the tank? I doubt that I'd ever spring for a new pro model stihl since I've got a pretty well abused one going back together on the bench right now. I cut wood because I've never liked high utility bills---plus it's fun exercise.

I have used Stihl for 20 yrs, since my dad let me run a saw for the first time until today, and still going!

I agree that theres alot of goof brands being made, but I have never had a reason to switch. It would be hard for me to leave Stihl after running them so long without problems.

I bought my 066 used back in 2001 and it was in fair shape then. I have ran the crap out of it and it'salways ran just as strong as when i bought it.

I have dropped it down banks, dropped at least 2 trees on it, had it slide off the truck doing about 15mph thru a field. Only thing I've ever had to replace cosmetically was the rear handle assembly. Only reason I sold it and bought the 660 was my CAD telling me I wanted something shiny and new. Plus I sold the 066 to my boss so I still get to run it all the time.;) I have ran my 260P for 4 years now hard and it's still running flawless also. Got a fs55 weedeater about 2 years ago and it's awesome too. Even dads old 38S saw still runs good. I was started out on that saw.

In summary, why change when a sinlge brand has never did me wrong?

Last edited:
three hats so far this year. I've actually given one away. I'll send the next one to ya Tommy. Don't wantcha feellin dee-prived eh?

Odd you say that. I never stocked the electric Sthil chainsaws. Once or twice a year someone would call and want one and I wouldn't have one to sell, I would have to order it. Two weeks ago I looked at the rack and wanted to add something new, I'm a firm beleiver never let your rack get stale with the same ole products. I decided to bring in all 3 models of Stihl electric chainsaws. I put them on the rack and sold one in less than 5 days to a customer that was just browsing the rack. Goes to prove if you got it its easier to sell...

I'll bet that poor bastard never got a hat either...and probably got talked into a case of Stihl Ultra.

When it came time to buy my saw.. i didnt know much about brands, I just knew it was either Stihl or Husqvarna... So I asked around work... most were old Mac or homelite guys.... nothing wrong with either, I just knew I wanted a Stihl or Husky...

So I asked my dad to take a poll at the steel mill and it was pretty much 50/50...

it all came down to what my grandfather had.... Husqvarna.

Otherwise I'd have those German beasts in my garage.....

Again, Congrats... well deserved... enjoy it, for now.

My fav dealer gets two kinds of hats. One kind is less desirable; its the "Stihl Timbersports" hat with big white lettering for the timbersports part. Then when I was buying my third pro saw he let me have one of the plain "Stihl" logo only hats with thick raised embroidery. Kept in a special cupboard with a pine air freshener and only given to special customers. Its my sunday go a courtin hat now

My fav dealer gets two kinds of hats. One kind is less desirable; its the "Stihl Timbersports" hat with big white lettering for the timbersports part. Then when I was buying my third pro saw he let me have one of the plain "Stihl" logo only hats with thick raised embroidery. Kept in a special cupboard with a pine air freshener and only given to special customers. Its my sunday go a courtin hat now

C'mon Zombie. You know there aren't any Stihl dealers in Saskatchewan...there aren't any trees!

Here's an article on the "no box store" strategy.

Who is that Burton guy though? I thought Tommy was VP of sales and marketing?

Tom the early years!!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!! "GO STIHL GO" HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

gay_cheerleader-12791.jpg

I don't know what's worse, cheerleading threads or the arguing pissing match threads that go on forever.

BLA BLA BLA!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww hello my girlie friend, wearing pink today by chance,hahaha

So tell us Parris what kind of thread do you like, let me guess, a modding thread, ha, guess you like drumming up Dremel sales,:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'll bet that poor bastard never got a hat either...and probably got talked into a case of Stihl Ultra.

A hat, are you kidding, hell no. He got the pleasure of standing before greatness as I showed him how not to cut off the cord,LOLOLOL

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ed do you remember a coversation about a weed eater. I got a tired FS120 in the other day. Runs but very low in compression. If he decides to leave it there is your big weed trimmer build if you want it.

Here's an article on the "no box store" strategy.

Who is that Burton guy though? I thought Tommy was VP of sales and marketing?

Peter Burton is a sales and markerting genuis. The no box decision was his and he took it and actually used it as a advertising tool. It has worked great.

He came by the shop one day, he's about 6 foot 7 and he's funny as hell. He said Tom remember always when it comes to sales the view of the front pack is always the same to the back pack,LOLOLOL

Heck they're tight around here too. No hat for me? Just a 6pack of mix! :angry:

No free six pack from any dealer near me, they make you buy it to get the extended warranty. Which if most people took the time to read the fine print, does'nt apply to pro saws anyway except for the ms 260.

A hat, are you kidding, hell no. He got the pleasure of standing before greatness as I showed him how not to cut off the cord,LOLOLOL

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ed do you remember a coversation about a weed eater. I got a tired FS120 in the other day. Runs but very low in compression. If he decides to leave it there is your big weed trimmer build if you want it.

Heck of a deal! Does the 120 do well as a brush cutter?

And no...I'm not in the market for an electric chainsaw...

next time I buy a new Stihl

I need to try VA.
Over the years I have bought a trimmer, pole saw, & a blower from
2 of our local tightwad dealers; never even offered a hat, bought a new 55
about 98 from a local Husqvarna dealer, got a cap, but it was white.

Latest posts

Back