They said they was gonna do it, they did!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck of a deal! Does the 120 do well as a brush cutter?

And no...I'm not in the market for an electric chainsaw...

Heck yes. The 120 is the same trimmer as the 250 cept its a 36cc instead of a 40cc. Very powerfull. This one will need rings at least. Its not scored but its tired, low compression. If he decides to pitch it instead of getting it repaired I'll be happy to send it to you. I myself do not re ring engines. You can't put back cylinder wall wear. Rings will work for awhile but to do it right the cylinder should be pitched. I'll keep ya posted on what he says...

No free six pack from any dealer near me, they make you buy it to get the extended warranty. Which if most people took the time to read the fine print, does'nt apply to pro saws anyway except for the ms 260.

Hell don't feel bad. I get the "do I get a free case, oil and chain" all the time. I go no, you get a saw. They go well hell Sears gives a free case, chain and oil. I go yup but you don't get a saw, works like a charm,haha

Heck yes. The 120 is the same trimmer as the 250 cept its a 36cc instead of a 40cc. Very powerfull. This one will need rings at least. Its not scored but its tired, low compression. If he decides to pitch it instead of getting it repaired I'll be happy to send it to you. I myself do not re ring engines. You can't put back cylinder wall wear. Rings will work for awhile but to do it right the cylinder should be pitched. I'll keep ya posted on what he says...

I guess this is why you guys are #1!

Thanks a bunch Tom!

Tommy, I did'nt get that fs 85 yet, I checked another dealer out and they still have three units left all with the bike handle set up so I'm not sure If I want the loop handle model or the bike handle set up, trying to make up my mind.

I guess this is why you guys are #1!

Thanks a bunch Tom!

No problem. He brought in two of them, one was ok, I've taken care of that one. The other, just a few cranks on the rope told me all I needed to know. I checked the piston, it looks fine but the rings are shot. Compression is very low but these trimmers have seen a awful lot of use. I will not re-ring a engine on the cheap and that may help him opt to pitch it. I should know something tomorrow...

No problem. He brought in two of them, one was ok, I've taken care of that one. The other, just a few cranks on the rope told me all I needed to know. I checked the piston, it looks fine but the rings are shot. Compression is very low but these trimmers have seen a awful lot of use. I will not re-ring a engine on the cheap and that may help him opt to pitch it. I should know something tomorrow...

Tommy is the re-ring job just something you won't do or is that something stihl frowns on?

Tommy is the re-ring job just something you won't do or is that something stihl frowns on?

I'm by the book for the most part. I've had a few discussions about re ringing engines with my buddy's at Stihl. They sell rings for the job but point out if the cylinder is worn as well new rings aren't going bring back that cylinder. I think if you have a engine with the rings totally worn out that cylinder is worn as well. I know many re ring but at the shop I can't chance charging someone for a re ring job that may run fine for a few months and then fade off due to that worn cylinder. With a new cylinder I don't have to worry about come backs...

Yawn......really is it that big of a deal.....one could argue that humans are fools and easily missled....if it wasnt true "snake oils" wouldnt make any money

I know many re ring but at the shop I can't chance charging someone for a re ring job that may run fine for a few months and then fade off due to that worn cylinder. With a new cylinder I don't have to worry about come backs...

Makes solid sense. If you are doing it on your own, swapping rings is an inexpensive way to find out if you need a new cylinder. If you are paying someone to fix it, you want it fixed...period.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww hello my girlie friend, wearing pink today by chance,hahaha

So tell us Parris what kind of thread do you like, let me guess, a modding thread, ha, guess you like drumming up Dremel sales,:laugh::laugh::laugh:

most anything except the cheerleading and pissing an moaning. Yes I do like modding, I like rebuild threads, fix threads. Heck Tom I like most of your threads too.

LOL ya. Can you say the same for Mcdonalds just cause they serve more then your local fancy restaurant?

McDonalds reminds me of some OPE makers, all the shopping malls now have a McDonalds in them,hehehe

McDonalds reminds me of some OPE makers, all the shopping malls now have a McDonalds in them,hehehe

I agree that it stains Husky's name having them in Walmart or wherever they are, around here that's not the case, if you want a Husky you have to go to your local OPE dealer. But it takes someone who doesn't know the brand well to believe that they are cheap junk sold at Walmart.

I agree that it stains Husky's name having them in Walmart or wherever they are, around here that's not the case, if you want a Husky you have to go to your local OPE dealer. But it takes someone who doesn't know the brand well to believe that they are cheap junk sold at Walmart.

Well I'm not knocking Husqvarna in this thread at all. They and Stihl see things quite differantly on how to sell their products. Husky has taken notice and want to increase their dealer presence bigtime in the US. I think the reason is obvious, good for them I say,:cheers::cheers:

Well I'm not knocking Husqvarna in this thread at all. They and Stihl see things quite differantly on how to sell their products. Husky has taken notice and want to increase their dealer presence bigtime in the US. I think the reason is obvious, good for them I say,:cheers::cheers:

Yes it is! And I know your not knocking Husky. I just like busting your chops when I can! LOL

Stihl certainly have an excellent marketing arm. Are they better saws than Husky, Dolmar etc? No, I don't think so. But you can't argue with their sales. One thing they do have though is a model for everybody in a price category that suits. Dodgey homeowners to pro users are all catered for.
For example our two local Husky dealers don't even have a saw on display now (or any in stock for that matter)! 6 months ago I was singing the praises for one of the local Husky dealers where I bought my 3120. When it needed it's last warranty service he strung me out for over a month (all it needed was a check tune!). Took my second hand 200T to the better local Stihl dealer and he fixed it a treat for a VERY reasonable price even though he didn't sell it - I've therefore found a new dealer friend, and it ain't Husky. The Stihl dealers have basically every model up to a 460 and 660. The Stihl line trimmers struggle though as these Stihl dealers are also Honda dealers and sorry to say but the Honda 4 stroke trimmers kick Stihl's arses :cheers: They are one excellent unit and cheaper too (here at least).

Latest posts

Back