Thinking of Upgrading to DCS7901

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morgaj1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just got my Makita DCS6401 and I am already thinking of upgrading to the 79cc Mahle kit. I was thinking of the 84cc kit, but really like the build quality of the Mahle kits. The 79cc saw should do all that I ever need. With the 79cc kit installed, will it pull a 32" b/c? Also, I have never done a p/c swap. I downloaded the step by step instructions from Bailey's site and it doesn't look too difficult. I am mechanically inclined, but have just never done this. What do you guys think? Also, I can't figure out how to get the limiters off this carb. How do you do that?

This is a great upgrade in my opinion. The 7900 can pull a 32 inch bar no problem. You can pull off the limiter caps by drilling a small hole in the end of the cap and then starting a small sheet metal screw in the end to pull the cap off the adjustment screw.
I have a 6400 and a 7900 and I find myself reaching for the 7900 most of the time.Thinking about buying a p/c and having 2 7900's.

I just got my Makita DCS6401 and I am already thinking of upgrading to the 79cc Mahle kit. I was thinking of the 84cc kit, but really like the build quality of the Mahle kits. The 79cc saw should do all that I ever need. With the 79cc kit installed, will it pull a 32" b/c? Also, I have never done a p/c swap. I downloaded the step by step instructions from Bailey's site and it doesn't look too difficult. I am mechanically inclined, but have just never done this. What do you guys think? Also, I can't figure out how to get the limiters off this carb. How do you do that?

I've been thinking about doing the same thing. Where did you find the BB kit installation instructions on Baileys? I can't seem to locate them.

Latest posts

Back