This can't be real...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i looked at that saw two weeks ago. it is pretty ragged and compression is about 135. filter was very dirty, safety interlock is broken, etc.....it was listed at $220. when i was 1.5hrs into a 2hr drive, i received a call from her assistant saying she had mis-priced the saw and it should have been listed at $320. i told her i would come and look any way. i offered her $200 but she only wanted to come down a few dollars. i tried to politely tell her only a fool would pay what she was asking.
i did pickup a very nice makita 540 that she had been told needed a clutch, but only needed to have the chainbrake installed correctly, and a nice lean-seized 290 from her. i am very glad i didn't get the 394 bc i had some money left over to grab a nice 361 yesterday.

There was one listed in TN for $200. I was kind of scared to think about what that one looked like. Been watching CL down that way because I'll probably be taking my FIL to Nashville for a stem cell transplant. Figure I could kill two birds with one stone. Now my MIL is insisting we fly down, and his date was pushed back until early January. The debate isn't over yet.

There was one listed in TN for $200. I was kind of scared to think about what that one looked like. Been watching CL down that way because I'll probably be taking my FIL to Nashville for a stem cell transplant. Figure I could kill two birds with one stone. Now my MIL is insisting we fly down, and his date was pushed back until early January. The debate isn't over yet.

I saw that too...

Did you see the 028 for $40????

If this is all real and good...then its too good to be true

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/bfs/1479145450.html

A month ago I would have thought it would be too good to be true. Then I found a 394 on Kijiji for $250. I thought I got an amazing deal. When I went to the Husqvarna dealer to buy parts they had a 2 yr old 395 with 24" bar and chain for $400 negotiable. These saws seem to be great bargains for what they are capable of.

My 394 wasn't too much more than that. Chainsaw prices have been dropping a lot lately though. Look at what some 440's and 660's went for on ebay recently.

nope, it is a beat saw, with already dropping compression, going for about market. i would have would have paid $200, but i already have one and this saw was pretty used up. it could be fixed, but by that time you probably could find a better running example for the same money, and you never know what your are in for when you pull it apart.
part of the sellers problem was that she had just spent $85 getting the carb rebuilt and she was wanting to recoup that money.
that saws best redeeming quality was that it had a 24" windsor with RSC and a roller chain catcher.

Why are all the saws in the south?

I havent seen a chainsaw on Craig's list yet, within 100 miles of me.

3 or 4 years ago there was a Jonsered 621 in the local paper: I called and the saw sold to the newspaper's editors son-in-law on the day the ad was paid for.

Hardly ever any real saws, used, at dealers.

I saw that too...

Did you see the 028 for $40????

No, missed that one, but just bought a nice looking Husky 350 for $35. Nice plastics, but bar/chain are shot, piston was toast, flywheel shroud was broken, and the kill wire cut through by the flywheel with about 2" missing. Poor saw has had a hard life. Got the parts on order, may have it up by Christmas.

A friend of mine picked up a nice running 394 for $300 about a year ago, the plastic wasnt very nice, but it is a strong runner.

Nahhhh........ It'd be $20!! :biggrinbounce2:

b4b.

business reorganization........getting out of tree work and going with landscape fulltime, or so i was told. she was keeping an echo and lots of mowers.

A friend of mine picked up a nice running 394 for $300 about a year ago, the plastic wasnt very nice, but it is a strong runner.

i picked up one for less than $200 a last winter. the only problem was the plastic was somewhat faded.

Back