This Happened this morning in home town !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is stupidity like this that has made insurance and license requirement become very expensive :dizzy:In my state to get into tree work you need a 2 million dollar bond a Contractors license,roughly 8 thousand dollars for insurance and licenses to be legally allowed to do tree work:dizzy:

So you are saying that you had all those in place when do did your "Hazard Tree Removal" at the request of the insurance company that is depicted in your video?

That is a terrible thing. It can happen to any of us, and I am pretty sure that there isn't a one of us here who has not done something in their time that may have caused themselves or someone else any harm. Whether you have cut without chaps or walked under a tractor bucket in the air we have all done something. Hope the rest of us who post in this one can refrain from putting down the man's work habits and give his family our condolences and prayers, even if they don't ever see this.

-that's a good question. I have viewed a few vids posted from this site showing some climbing and trimming, etc, and I don't recall seeing anyone wearing chaps in a tree. I could have missed it, but don't recall any.

Maybe if some of the chaps makers would introduce just protective pants instead of chaps, possibly with a removable real thin liner for washing? So you don't have to wear two full articles of clothing? It would seem wearing both would severely restrict mobility up in the tree.

There are some darn good chainsaw pants available for climbers. These are the S.I.P pants from Sherrill Tree. $340 per pair.

media.nl

Latest posts

Back