Three saw plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My asking of dano's garage size was purely in jest. If a man wants to collect saws and start them in his garage, then post about, thats entirely his business. Its harmless, people. Dont like him? Dont read him. Simple enough. Why comment negatively? My garage has been a testing ground for me for years. Maybe some garage envy going on here.

Just Gotta Chime in On This

I have not been here a long time. But taking a shot at a mod would be like kicking your boss. Try that tomorrow and report back.
I come here to learn things about saws, I enjoy the poking back and forth when it is in fun, I would just shut up, not come back with anger. But I am no ones judge, so I will shut up and look for another post to read.

I am amazed at how easily someone gets banned around here. Dano was provoked into getting banned in two consecutive threads he started and both started in what I took as good intentions. I don't know what he has posted in the past and I don't much care, this is the internet and as far as I know everyone is full of it.

It seems to me as if this place is being run like Nazi Germany and I never know what will offend a moderator (I don't even know what a moderator is exactly nor do I care) and get me banned.

If a thread becomes heated or argumentative then it goes five pages. If I post a problem with a chainsaw I get two replies. It is easy to see what makes for a popular thread. Now we will all talk about what an ####### Dano is but he started two threads that went five pages and got him banned. It makes me think we all kind of like this maybe just a little.

This place has become political and judgmental and I will not be a part of it anymore. I may be lurking as a visitor but I will never be back as 2rod511. Many thanks to any help I have received.

Well that'll do it. What a jackass...:dizzy:

A lot of the confusion comes from the fact that the regulars here know all of the old spats. keeps track of all of the poop. New lookers and old pharts that don't wish to wade waist deep in a bunch of drivel, don't read all of the posts her.

I usually click on the posts from new guys wanting repair advice, and give it freely, usually with good results.

But I have been a member here since 2001 or so, and have enjoyed my time here. I feel folks like me, and Gypo Logger/John Lambert, and a few dozen others made this site/forum into something good, and pretty damn big. We brought a tidal wave of members here, and invaded this quiet little hamlet
of arborists, and things may have gotten unruly from time to time.

But nevertheless, this site needs to step back and take a close look at how it looks from new members and perusers. The thread we all are referring to
makes absolutely no sense to the new folks, and little sense to me, a member that has been here since the beginning.

The moderators have a tough job, we all know it. But us members, new and old, need to know where the chalk marks are in the playing field as well.

We just all need to step back and take a breath.

but a half moon last night???

How about no moon lol. The moon comes out and people get weird and or sick..depends on what kind of moon. Eh I have no idea... spent the last 3 hrs painting truck frame... I think the fumes have gotten to me.

But nevertheless, this site needs to step back and take a close look at how it looks from new members and perusers. The thread we all are referring to
makes absolutely no sense to the new folks, and little sense to me, a member that has been here since the beginning.

The moderators have a tough job, we all know it. But us members, new and old, need to know where the chalk marks are in the playing field as well.

Great post Fish.

Well, if people had taken this thread at face value as a typical "I got a new saw" thread, sent him rep and just asked for pics, we'd be back talking about oil ratios now. I think he started the thread in an attempt to play well with others. Did he have a string of silly threads recently, sure. 80% of my posts are just to hear myself type, and add nothing to the site. If I was a new noobie instead of a "seasoned" noobie, and I saw this, I'd be scared to ask "my saw is hard to start" questions. Does Dano bring a bunch of it upon himself, absolutely. What would he have to do to post something without being teased? Thick skin is needed, but if every time I posted something 20 guys piled on in a not super friendly way, I'd quit posting (don't get any ideas!). Is redemption possible on ArboristSite?

Yes!

Redemption is very possible here...BUT,

You have to show that redemption is what you want.

It's kinda like a dog fight.
When a dog gets his butt kicked real good and gets driven under the porch, he needs to STAY UNDER THERE until he heals up and only come out to get something to eat.
When he does come out to grab a bite, do it with his tail tucked and his head down. Grab a mouthful and go back under the porch.

Those dogs that want to run right back out with their chest all puffed up the next day and act like they are still "top dog" will undoubtedly get another dose of the previous days medicine.
Those that are wise enough to stay under the porch until they get all healed, the soreness gone, time has dulled the memory of the cause of the prior altercation and they act like they want to be part of the pack and get along will do just fine.

The VERY LAST thing to do is go straight to the biggest dog in the neighborhoods house and pee in his water dish while he is obviously standing there watching.

Mike

Latest posts

Back