Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stopped by a TSC today. They had all Husqvarna chiansaw accessories marked 50% off. Not the saws, just accessories. Unfortunately, some at 50% off were still not such a special deal. Bought a Husqvarna filing kit to give their guide another try.

Jonsereds not due for a few more days yet. They had Wild things for hundred dollars today only.

Philbert

Stopped by a TSC today. They had all Husqvarna chiansaw accessories marked 50% off. Not the saws, just accessories. Unfortunately, some at 50% off were still not such a special deal. Bought a Husqvarna filing kit to give their guide another try.

Jonsereds not due for a few more days yet. They had Wild things for hundred dollars today only.

Philbert
Is it the roller guide?

Really strange that they will be selling Jonsered chainsaws there, alongside their 'Countyline' chain, which is really that, Tr-ilink made in China stuff; seems like an odd combination to me.

Philbert

I have 3 TSC's within 25 minutes, and the crap I see/saw most is the 235 saw and the huskee/speeco splitters. Judging from the bar pads on all of the 235's I'm guessing that the TSC folks give out breaker bars for tightening the bar nuts.

J'red parts are starting to be available from distributors. Pace is filling out my orders at about 66%. Tilton still has a fair selection of older parts. Still won't have units available until mid to end of June.

I just got my 2253's and 2260's on today's UPS!!! :blob2:

Well, not really. But sooner or later somebody will be able to say that. :biggrin:

I just got my 2253's and 2260's on today's UPS!!! :blob2:

Well, not really. But sooner or later somebody will be able to say that. :biggrin:

I'm a new Jonsered dealer and have plenty of 2253's, 2260's and 2172's in stock, hopefully I'll be able to say that in a couple weeks.

I just got back from Tractor Supply with my 2253 and 2260.

attachment.php

Good job. Reading all this stuff about Jonsered and TSC just makes me think why would any indpendant dealer bother anymore if TSC can order any saw and Husqy dealers can have your parts but you can't have theirs? My local dealer is pretty much beyond caring, it's been so long. Plus he's selling lots of Dolmars.

Good job. Reading all this stuff about Jonsered and TSC just makes me think why would any indpendant dealer bother anymore if TSC can order any saw and Husqy dealers can have your parts but you can't have theirs? My local dealer is pretty much beyond caring, it's been so long. Plus he's selling lots of Dolmars.

+1

I'm actually becoming a Jonsered dealer partially BECAUSE of the TSC deal.

There are 3 TSC stores within 20 minutes of my shop, and not a single Jonsered dealer.

So they'll be selling a moderate amount of saws, and they'll need servicing and warranty work.

And as a Jonsered dealer I'll benefit from TSC pumping money into advertising and raising the profile of the
brand. And yes TSC CAN order any saw in the line up, but they're stocking the 2238, 2240, 2450, 2250 and 2255
essentially the same saws they were stocking in orange.

The closest Husqvarna dealers are 15-20 miles away and if you walked in looking for a fuel filter for a
Jonsered 2171 wouldn't have a clue what to sell you.

Not to mention having access to many of the popular Husqvarna OEM saw parts, without taking
on the full Husqvarna equipment line.

Last edited:
I'm actually becoming a Jonsered dealer partially BECAUSE of the TSC deal.

There are 3 TSC stores within 20 minutes of my shop, and not a single Jonsered dealer.

So they'll be selling a moderate amount of saws, and they'll need servicing and warranty work.

And as a Jonsered dealer I'll benefit from TSC pumping money into advertising and raising the profile of the
brand. And yes TSC CAN order any saw in the line up, but they're stocking the 2238, 2240, 2450, 2250 and 2255
essentially the same saws they were stocking in orange.

The closest Husqvarna dealers are 15-20 miles away and if you walked in looking for a fuel filter for a
Jonsered 2171 wouldn't have a clue what to sell you.

Not to mention having access to many of the popular Husqvarna OEM saw parts, without taking
on the full Husqvarna equipment line.

Yeah, but now IPL are available on the Jonsered website (finally). So if the Husky dealer has a modicum of intelligence, he can find out which part is needed and a lot of them are Husky/J'red/Poulan common.

The one thing that's kinda logical but still unfortunate, given that TSC was a big contract that was fairly straight forward and that the distributors all had to come up with their own orders and requests for product and whatever, is that TSC will be getting product before all the independent dealers.

It sounds like the parts situation on here is getting a little better though.

Yeah, but now IPL are available on the Jonsered website (finally). So if the Husky dealer has a modicum of intelligence, he can find out which part is needed and a lot of them are Husky/J'red/Poulan common.

I know of 3 Husky dealers capable of doing that, and 2 of them are on this site. Most dealers are too busy to care or be bothered
with learning anything outside of what they sell.

Latest posts

Back