Timber Tuff Chain Grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba3228

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All -

Just wondering if any one has had an experience with the Timber Tuff chain grinder and the support table moving to the point it will not tighten any more.

Today I was grinding some chains with a neighbor and showing him the operation of the unit and the support table got to the point where it would not stay put.

I have a note to the manufacturer to quiz them on the problem I am having, but thought I would make a post to the site and see what some of you that have had this sharpener have to say or suggest.

The unit is a CS-BWM Bench top mount model.

Thanks - Bub

theres a pressed in nut (or bolt???) in the black knob under your table. its what you tighten and loosen to turn from one side to the other. that likes to pull loose and not tighten the actual knob against the bottom. ive messed with mine a few times. the chain clamp cam mounting bolt likes to come loose too

theres a pressed in nut (or bolt???) in the black knob under your table. its what you tighten and loosen to turn from one side to the other. that likes to pull loose and not tighten the actual knob against the bottom. ive messed with mine a few times. the chain clamp cam mounting bolt likes to come loose too

That could be what is going on, it could be spinning inside the plastic knob. I never did like that knob design, I will try a couple things this week when I have some time and post my findings. Hopefully the manufacturer will add some insight as well.
Thanks Jakers

Back