Timberwolf splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slabracing

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was offered a dealership for Timberwolf
just looking for end user opinions/concerns
any comments good or bad would be welcome
Thank You
Dave

slabracing said:
I was offered a dealership for Timberwolf
just looking for end user opinions/concerns
any comments good or bad would be welcome
Thank You
Dave

They have a nice deeo line of product, though many people balk at the price. They are more for the people who sell wood then home owners.

The thing I like the least is the lift tray is on the oposet side from the controls. So you need to walk around or have a helper roll them up.

TW-5_01.jpg

IMO Faver is better, but they only have the one modle and I could not find an IMG for them online.

I think the Timberwolf is as good as any other splitter on the market. When I was in the market, I went looking for a Timberwolf. But as John said, the price can be a showstopper. It was for me. I have split 150 cords with my Yard Machines 36-ton splitter with no problems at all. I could buy four of them for the price of one Timberwolf. Sad but true.

I suppose it depends who your market will be. I bought a TW1 and love it. Is it a bit more expensive? Yes, but not considerably when you factor in how much more robustly built they are than a tractor supply or yard machine. In fact, I did not find it to be that much more expensive when comparing it to similarly equiped Cub Cabet and Troy Bilt machines, which are nowhere near the quality of a Timberwolf. Also, all Timberwolfs come with a commercial grade engine, which I did not find on other machines. I also did not find the option for different wedges on other machines or a table grate--both of which make splitting wood a lot easier and a lot less work. I guess it just depends on your perspective. Certain people want to make a purchase and not have any regrests after they buy. I'm one of those people.

rozett said:
I think the Timberwolf is as good as any other splitter on the market. When I was in the market, I went looking for a Timberwolf. But as John said, the price can be a showstopper. It was for me. I have split 150 cords with my Yard Machines 36-ton splitter with no problems at all. I could buy four of them for the price of one Timberwolf. Sad but true.

And with a timberwolf, you could have split 450 cords. Cycle time and multiple split wedges beat raw tonnage anyday. Love my TW-5.

I've tried them all, and no splitter that you buy at TS can come close to a TW!
Love my TW-5 and conveyor:clap: You get what you pay for

We used the new TW-5 today , other than splitting a few pieces to try it out. WOW i had 2 guys helping me , they were tired when we finished its unreal how fast this thing is and it split anything we put in it. Every 1 that saw us working were very impressed with it even at the very high price!

Back