time for a new chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just glad that it didn't snap on me while I was cutting and did some real damage to me or the saw

easy

Grind the rivet heads of the broken link.Buy a link.I don't use my breaker anymore.I just grind the rounded heads off.Put some side pressure on the chain.Presto.Don't really need a rivet spinner.Give the new link a few blows with a hammer to flatten the rivets.Presto change-o.

I would repair that chain but would inspect both sides of the chain to ensure that is the only "weak link". I use a breaker and spinner but have used the grinder and hammer method as well.

i may repair it ...but i might jus save up and buy a 25 inch bar and chain as my 22 inch bar is a little on the short side

Grind the rivet heads of the broken link.Buy a link.I don't use my breaker anymore.I just grind the rounded heads off.Put some side pressure on the chain.Presto.Don't really need a rivet spinner.Give the new link a few blows with a hammer to flatten the rivets.Presto change-o.

my old dealer was the same I had a brand new loop of stihl 3/8 bind in a branch and broke. took it in and they said nope throw it away and we'll sell you a new one!!!

Back