Time Lapse Silver Maple Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squad143

Tree Guy
Reaction score
Two vids on this one. It was big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdKYu5KiYYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP8iRpDviwA

I had two ground guys and kept them pretty busy with all the brush coming down. Chipped into a bin the first day and cut "major" wood on the second day. Customer kept the wood.

Lots of targets. Fences, houses, garage, deck, major CATV line, etc. etc. Lots of rigging.

Kind of sad to see such a beautiful tree come down. The tree provided the customers whole backyard, plus a couple of neighbors, with shade. The tree was cabled about 20 years ago and since then a major cavity had developed on the main stem that the cables were attached to. Arborist report condemned the tree. Due to the cables and the decay, I had to keep moving from one side to the other to keep the tree balanced.

A lot of work for three guys. Glad it is on the ground safely.

Looking Pretty Smooth

I thought that was Me....

Maybe Not, My last big job I bent the top rail on the fence with a small piece of pine about 5" by 20", Snap cut and it fell kicked off the tree about 30' up and aimed for the fence.

Moral, I can hit targets :cheers:

That was a good vid. It wasn't hard to imagine the limbs going up into the clouds. That would be a good trick. (Save on some chipping:laugh:) Nice music, Rufus singing a Leonard Cohen song?

Thanks for the kind words guys.

rwbinbc, -occasionally we all hit targets.

Adkpk - K.D. Lang singing Leonard Cohen.

Devon, - Yeah, I had to use the 088. When we were dicing the trunk into manageable pieces we managed to hit some 1/2" threaded rod that was buried in the trunk. Ouch, that was an expensive chain that lost quite a bit of it's usefulness.

Posing with the 088. - This was the narrow side.
attachment.php

Making the backcut.
attachment.php

Limb walking with a redirect.
attachment.php

Good video, not quite sure that music fits though:)

How exactly do you do a video like that? Camera running and taking pics every few seconds? Seems like it'd run out of memory after an hour or so?

We've got a silver maple a little bigger than that to do next week. Not much that doesn't need to be rigged and all wood goes, stump grind too. Gonna be a :censored: load of work.

Latest posts

Back