Time To Buy a New Riding Mower?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wellll...............................................................................

I was mowing and saying to myself, "Praise Jesus! I'll finally have the entire yard mowed!"

WRONG!:mad:

It wasn't smoking terribly bad, just a belch now and then and then - WHAM! All of a sudden it made a noise under the deck like the blades were going to fly off.
I stopped it immediately, then engaged the blades again. Same thing like the blade and mower deck were about to shake off the mower.
I looked under and see a shiny place in the middle of what looks like a bearing? above the deck.
Maybe a belt slipped off?
I'll go take a pic of it.
I'm calling Whiteys tomorrow and having them come get it.

Wellll...............................................................................

I was mowing and saying to myself, "Praise Jesus! I'll finally have the entire yard mowed!"

WRONG!:mad:

It wasn't smoking terribly bad, just a belch now and then and then - WHAM! All of a sudden it made a noise under the deck like the blades were going to fly off.
I stopped it immediately, then engaged the blades again. Same thing like the blade and mower deck were about to shake off the mower.
I looked under and see a shiny place in the middle of what looks like a bearing? above the deck.
Maybe a belt slipped off?
I'll go take a pic of it.
I'm calling Whiteys tomorrow and having them come get it.
I believe it is has been demonized

Hey!! What is that in the second and third pics? Is that a piece of twig stuck under the belt???
Maybe something I can fix??? :happybanana:
Yes, looks like a chunk of stick, that's why it locked up on ya. pull the belt backward and it should come out. that shiny part is just the belt shining the pully. that's a tensioning pully. when you pull or push the lever it tightens the belt so it will turn the blades.

Yes, looks like a chunk of stick, that's why it locked up on ya. pull the belt backward and it should come out. that shiny part is just the belt shining the pully. that's a tensioning pully. when you pull or push the lever it tightens the belt so it will turn the blades.
Ahhahahahahahahaha!!!!
I'm back in business boys!
Off to finish mowing. :D
DSC02138.JPG

You think that cause the mower to lock up and not the bogus voltage regulator??

Good thing that twig stuck where it did, or I never would have seen it.
Praise the lord, finally got the entire yard mowed... I think it's been 2-3 months since that happened.
Ran it 'till it ran out of gas. The smoking pretty much subsided, but I think that's because it's burned most of the oil out. :eek: Looked low, but I'm going to check it again after it cools down. Good time to fill 'er up with fresh. Going to hold off on sending her back to a repair shop. I want to clean it up and try to finish out the season.
So, when I clean under the hood, what should I use - paper towels and Windex? :D

Praise the lord, finally got the entire yard mowed... I think it's been 2-3 months since that happened.
Ran it 'till it ran out of gas. The smoking pretty much subsided, but I think that's because it's burned most of the oil out. :eek: Looked low, but I'm going to check it again after it cools down. Good time to fill 'er up with fresh. Going to hold off on sending her back to a repair shop. I want to clean it up and try to finish out the season.
So, when I clean under the hood, what should I use - paper towels and Windex? :D
You need something stronger than Windex. Castrol Super clean.

Any kind of cleaner will work/ windex is for Windows duh

Running it out of oil? Does it smoke like a mosquito sprayer when running? Might have a blown head gasket if so.
Yup. Checked it again and there's just a drop at the tip of the dipstick. No, it was hardly smoking at all. Must have burned up most of the oil when I shot that video?? :confused:
Didn't seem like all that much smoke to me.

That old Valiant I had smoked before I replaced the motor... I knew it was time to add oil when it quit smoking. :)

Latest posts

Back