Time to cut wood! This years arsenal is lookin' good.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wagnerwerks

The underdog..
Reaction score
This year is the first time I've had a pretty strong set of saws to cut firewood. I have a pretty good idea of the styles and fits of almost every brand and now I finally have to ones I really like to use. None are really lookers, but all are ready for the woods.

I know there are threads about all of these all over the place, but I thought I'd post some pics and give my opinions even if everyone doesn't care. ;).

Starting at the bottom, this Shindiawa 360 is possibly my favorite saw of all time. Rescued from my local scrappers with a melted chainbrake, this saw took 3 mins of cleaning and carb adjusting to get ready to use. At the initial cost of $1.30, I had a little wiggle room. I spent another 18 bucks on it and have used it to trim and limb for over two years now. My dad and I have 5 of these between us including a 352s and four 360s. We love them and won't be without one. Peppy and robust if ever a 36cc saw was. I use or loan this saw nearly every week.

The next in line is my Husky 350 Mutt saw. This saw is hated by some and loved by others, but I have become fond of it over the last few months. It started as a free plastic basket case from a Michigan lover and after some help from a parts saw from mister walshs area, it came together nicely. I used a 353 piston and deleted the base gasket and added a muff mod. I cleaned/widened the closed port jug, but really did very little in that area. It runs great and parts are plentiful. After posting this, I realized it looks like I meant to make it look like a masterminded saw, but that's actually a "W" my son painted on and I installed upside down.

This next saw is the hottest saw in my arsenal. Mover and shaker DozerDan massaged and assembled this and I truly appreciated it. He's a good guy no matter what everyone else says. ;). Thanks Dan. It started as a trade with another member (mentioned above) and moved up the scale from a nice 365sp to a 372 screamer. The 20" bar is almost too modest for it anymore and I can't stop smiling when I run it.

Finally, my latest find. The 390 is mostly stock and I have done nothing to it other than fix a throttle cable and add a slightly over modded muffler. It runs the 28" bar and 8pin rim super nice in the local oak we cut so often. I don't need this saw, but is can't help but cut some wood with it before it goes up for sale. CAD is strong with this one as my avatar shows and you guys aren't helping.
Over the winter I plan on finishing up my 064 project so I should be a little more willing. Part with it after that. We'll see. :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410825525.775000.jpg

Insert my opinion here.

Nice write up. Sounds like you are ready to cut some wood!

I think it may be an illusion, but does the Shindaiwa saw have a bent bar on it or am I going crazy?

This year is the first time I've had a pretty strong set of saws to cut firewood. I have a pretty good idea of the styles and fits of almost every brand and now I finally have to ones I really like to use. None are really lookers, but all are ready for the woods.

I know there are threads about all of these all over the place, but I thought I'd post some pics and give my opinions even if everyone doesn't care. ;).

Starting at the bottom, this Shindiawa 360 is possibly my favorite saw of all time. Rescued from my local scrappers with a melted chainbrake, this saw took 3 mins of cleaning and carb adjusting to get ready to use. At the initial cost of $1.30, I had a little wiggle room. I spent another 18 bucks on it and have used it to trim and limb for over two years now. My dad and I have 5 of these between us including a 352s and four 360s. We love them and won't be without one. Peppy and robust if ever a 36cc saw was. I use or loan this saw nearly every week.

The next in line is my Husky 350 Mutt saw. This saw is hated by some and loved by others, but I have become fond of it over the last few months. It started as a free plastic basket case from a Michigan lover and after some help from a parts saw from mister walshs area, it came together nicely. I used a 353 piston and deleted the base gasket and added a muff mod. I cleaned/widened the closed port jug, but really did very little in that area. It runs great and parts are plentiful. After posting this, I realized it looks like I ment to make it look like a masterminded saw, but that's actually a "W" my son painted on and I installed upside down.

This next saw is the hottest saw in my arsenal. Mover and shaker DozerDan massaged and assembled this and I truly appreciated it. He's a good guy no matter what everyone else says. ;). Thanks Dan. It started as a trade with another member (mentioned above) and moved up the scale from a nice 365sp to a 372 screamer. The 20" bar is almost too modest for it anymore and I can't stop smiling when I run it.

Finally, my latest find. The 390 is mostly stock and I have done nothing to it other than fix a throttle cable and add a slightly over modded muffler. It runs the 28" bar and 8pin rim super nice in the local oak we cut so often. I don't need this saw, but is can't help but cut some wood with it before it goes up for sale. CAD is strong with this one as my avatar shows and you guys aren't helping.
Over the winter I plan on finishing up my 064 project so I should be a little more willing. Part with it after that. We'll see. :)
View attachment 368476

Insert my opinion here.
Nice fleet, but no diesels??? Seriously, the time to cut has come to Penn's woods. Kris (Wagnerwerks) built a very nice 028 that I just couldn't pass up. Saw is getting stronger with every tank!! Great guy to make a deal with, you might say "he has a few parts".

Lol... The shinny does hold the bar a bit low. It's more pronounced when the bar is long..:)

I'm glad to hear that oh28 is pickin it up. That was a nice saw so its only fitting for it to run as well;)

Insert my opinion here.

If/when the 390 goes, you'll have more "wiggle" room on another project ;) Damn cad...
Nice fleet. You should be able to make quick work of any tree in your path! As the sleeveless flannel guy says, git-er-done!

Back