time to sell one now ? which one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlh29

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Due to some life changes I am needing to sell at least one saw.
All are in like new condition purchased roughly the same time, only for my firewood.. thanks to this site somehow I ended up with 3 saws.. lol
I want to keep one for general purposes, fire wood etc.
All have had there use with the 260 the least...

MS460 rescue model, with 20 inch bar and 25 inch bar. 1st stihl in a long time.. went big for flexibility.. prob 10 tanks ran through it
ms361 with 18 inch bar .. 2nd buy as was on back order forever,, prob 10 tanks of gas
ms260 pro with 16 3/8 bar Newest like 3 tanks of gas
I say rough tanks as I always drain the saws before putting them up..

If it were your choice which 2 should go? I am leaning towards the 361..

Myself I would keep the 460 but I don't know your conditions such as how big of wood you cut most of the time.

If time is tough and family come first sell bothe the 260 and 460. The 361 will do it all or so I have read. Im sure it is enough saw for you. Remember man has got buy alot better with alot less.......

But emotion, personal opinion and a million other factors come into it. Can you still buy the 460 or has it been replaced? The 361 should get good money as it is the all time Arbosite cancer curing saw. If its a 2 saws plan the the 260 and 460 would make a good pair.

Sell them all, pocket the money and spend $50 on a Wild Thing...Remember, it is quality over quantity... :angry2:

The money has been spent on these for a few years. Just trying to downsize so moving will be easier. Firewood is firewood, ie whatever I can get free or cheap.. craigslist etc as you never know what they will have, have cut ash and beech from 10 inch at a womens home that wanted all tress gone to make it easier to mow to old maples an oaks at over 40 inch. Thinking 260 and 460rescue are departing the garage, as I can deal with 361 with a short and long bar for almost everything.. just cant cut with it as long as I can with a lighter saw.

Who knows may put all 3 on ebay or craigslist and just keep whatever doesnt sell first, all are great saws IMHO but then again the new 261 and 441 mtronic keep catching my eye... priorities suck lol

I would definitely keep the 460 and the 260. But all have good resale, I dont think you will get hurt too bad on any of them when you sell.

"The money has been spent on these for a few years. Just trying to downsize so moving will be easier. "

Did I just read that right? Seriously? Downsizing a three saw collection (a very nice one at that) so it easier to move? I suppose that would be what, 1 extra trip into the moving van?
Give us the real reason. Does your wife need one of those $1000 vacuums?
At least tell us you want to trade them in on a new beast!

If you even need to ask this question....??

Then it would seem the 260 would be adequate for your needs..

Maybe the 361...but the 460 rescue should go...you don't NEED it..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Back