tired of being on the ground

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandandatreeman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well with all the rain that has been coming down in the middle of the week I havent climbed a tree in weeks. We have plenty of plywood but my "boss" dose not or the Ho dose not want us there. I don't know which one it is but I have four kids and a wife. I need to do something fast. I don't want to do nothing but climb I wake up wanting to met whatever challenges face our crew. I'm sure at one time my boss felt the same way since he is a Damn good climber at 56 years old. I don't know.....might have to try free agent work. Thanks for reading my ramble. Might have the:cry: wrong fourm but I feel all you climbers out here might be able to give some words of encouragement.

Be careful what you wish for, I was working on a point the other day with wind gusts up to 50mph dead wooding a 100ft oak tree. I'd have preferred to be on the ground any day.

The thing is that I haven't put in a full week or even two days in a row since before oct. Bills haven't stopped though. I would take that job right now. Might not like the wind but would love to work.

does my sweed in here in cornwall uk too.I just go on ye utility trimming now and save my private jobs for days off and saturdays.its bad but pays full time.

LOL you know it brother. I started climbing for wright tree in Minnesota seven years ago. Had a good friend that worked for them. It was easy to get on I just got out of the Marine Corps. It seams that thoughs guys think they are better then a non line climber.

LOL you know it brother. I started climbing for wright tree in Minnesota seven years ago. Had a good friend that worked for them. It was easy to get on I just got out of the Marine Corps. It seams that thoughs guys think they are better then a non line climber.
I am ......:jawdrop::dizzy:

its a good liner that can prune without destroying peeps gardens.we have a good name and do alot of private too.It has been know to have to remove entire speciemins and we leave something a bit more suitable in a pot.At the moment we are repairing customer relations for a removed contractor due to the kin mess they have been makeing ......bastids.

we pride ourselves as being tree cutters not tarmacers...:laugh:

its hard to be good round leccytrick.

Not trying to say anything about you...alot of these guys around here seem to be like that. The rain and people that want to watch you work for nothing are keeping me on the ground.

Man, I sure envy the guys you work with.

get back in the truck, little boy. :dizzy: I get to do work most treeguys drool over, and I'm fortunate to be able to travel all over. I pick my jobs, who I work WITH, and when and where. you're trapped in life, don't hate on me.:cheers:

Anybody that has worked with me knows what I'm about. what's you're problem with me? spit it out, clear the air.

get back in the truck, little boy. :dizzy: I get to do work most treeguys drool over, and I'm fortunate to be able to travel all over. I pick my jobs, who I work WITH, and when and where. you're trapped in life, don't hate on me.:cheers:

Anybody that has worked with me knows what I'm about. what's you're problem with me? spit it out, clear the air.

I'm not denying that you're one hell of a "tree slayer."

I also don't have a probelm with you. I merely noted that your comment about not being a real tree guy was ignorant.

A real tree guy is one who is well rounded, who has the balls to shoulder what it is that needs to be done, aloft or on the ground.

I won't be "dreaming" about being you tonight sweetheart, I will get up tomm. morning and go to work.:cheers:

YES.....just got the call for 6a.m. The only thing is that I more than likely won't be able to climb them because it will be easier to dodge the stick insted of climbing it! There was a day when the boss said screew a bucket! realy the only time i like one is on a REALLY DEAD tree. Stupid bucket truck!:)

On the other hand.....

YES.....just got the call for 6a.m. The only thing is that I more than likely won't be able to climb them because it will be easier to dodge the stick insted of climbing it! There was a day when the boss said screew a bucket! realy the only time i like one is on a REALLY DEAD tree. Stupid bucket truck!:)

Bucket trucks are all about making money. This is probably the angle your boss is working.

Dont get me wrong, I love to climb too, but I (most) always make my money when the bucket goes out.

Like someone said recently: when you can climb out of the bucket, then you the man.

Back