To all members who signed the helmet,or are going to!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do we cut this thing off at?

• Continue until the end of November of this year

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Continue until everyone who wants to sign has a chance to

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Continue until next November

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Give up now and let Avalancher keep the dang thing.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

avalancher

Arboristsite Raconteur
Reaction score
We need to make a decision on what to do.Its almost the end of August, and we are not even halfway through the signing process of just THE FIRST LIST.

Here are our options, maybe with everyone putting their two cents worth in we can come up with the best way to handle it.

For starters, we can continue as we have been going, and kill the signing in time to have it return here to my place in time for it to be raffled off in time for christmas.

Second, we can continue signing as it makes its way around the country, and simply either raffle it off when its done, or make the deadline for next Christmas.

Or if anyone has any other options, I am open to suggestions. I had the helmet sent back to me this past weekend, and addressed the issue of some of the signatures rubbing off. I am happy to report that we only lost one signature from members on the list, evidently the rest that were lost where from folks at the get together over in North Carolina.I will be contacting that one member later this week and will offer the option of signing the helmet again at my expense. The rubbing off issue has been solved, it was mainly due to two reasons. the box that it was in rubbed on the sides, and the items that were placed in the box alongside the helmet did the rest. Both issues have been resolved.

Now, what does everyone think?

attachment.php

Last edited:
we can continue as we have been going, and kill the signing in time to have it return here to my place in time for it to be raffled off in time for christmas.

^with all the room left on the helmet that sounds like a good idea to me.

Lots of space left for signing. Hate to see those that are interested get left out.

Lots of space left for signing. Hate to see those that are interested get left out.

Thats kind of my feeling on the thing.I have sorted out a second list of folks besides the list that is in the box with the helmet, and if we quite at the end of this year there is going to be a lot of disappointed folks. Last time I looked there was close to 80 on that list and growing.

I agree. Let it go around and have those who want to sign it. Do we really care how long it takes to finish. It sure brought a lot of people closer together... Can't beat that.

Thats kind of my feeling on the thing.I have sorted out a second list of folks besides the list that is in the box with the helmet, and if we quite at the end of this year there is going to be a lot of disappointed folks. Last time I looked there was close to 80 on that list and growing.

I sure want to sign it but if it helps any Avalancher, Ajo and I would be just as proud if you'd sign it for us.
"Best wishes, Stew and Canine partner Ajo"
Stew.

I would love to sign it, but if you want to sign it for me that works also.

"cat-face timber
Semper FI"

It seems like it has been a while sence I signed it. I figured by now that hat would be full.

I say keep it going until there is more red and black than white

I'm in the keep her goin camp too AV. I'm thinkin the more sigs, the more we'll raise for the chosen cause when that time comes. A C

Keep er going around.

I think this is a great idea!
Even though, I have the worse hand writing :)

But you do whatever you want, you started this thing!

Keep er going around.

I think this is a great idea!
Even though, I have the worse hand writing :)

But you do whatever you want, you started this thing!

On the contrary, I will do what WE want to do collectively. For any one man to make a decision on this thing would be contrary to one of the purposes. All in all, this was meant to serve two purposes, one: to help someone that could use a helping hand, and two:to give everyone a chance to help and be part of the scheme.

Keep it going, get it back in time for Christmas....

Wish I were wealthy...I'd make a road trip, deliver the helmet to all personally, but not sure if my passport into Tn. is still good...

Back