To fix or not to fix? Basket Case 028 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The neighbor periodically gives me a garage sale find to fix. First thing I do is pressure wash it! After removing covers hit it again then blow off the water with air.

All stihls seem to be 250$ plus around here. At least that's what folks are asking...I doubt they're getting.

The 028 looks kinda sad but if you got time and patience and like to work on your own stuff and also you will know haw to repair it if it breaks down again the call is yours.

You might post a WANT to buy parts at this link in the trading post and see if anyone has a 028 super for parts, etc.
Some kinda trust worth salvage fellers hang out their rather a scammer on flea bay. Your plastic case might be toasty brittle and ruined.
You might get yourself a SERVICE manual in the beg for manuals section to review the repair procedures so as to get idea if you want to do the repairs.

make wheezy happy;)

Want to buy link

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/forums/chainsaw-parts.151/

Went down south of town to buy an adze today and the guy asked me if I wanted to take a pool at an old Stihl he had. It's an 041, maybe the oldest saw I've seen in person (I'm not sure how old it is, maybe late 70s/early 80s?). Runs with a little gas in the carb, but won't pick up fuel from the tank. It has a chain brake, which is nice (my first saw didn't).

What do y'all think? Looks to be a pretty big saw, bit is it too old to run?

IMG_20180328_111614.jpg IMG_20180328_111617.jpg

Seems I seen some where back where you mentioned you were looking for a wood carving saw.
The o41 would be more wheezy's size saw for wood carving. Too heavy for your little bod for wood carving.

Just kidding. I don't know anything about the 041.;)

AND be careful with that adze tool. Let wheezy use it also.

041 is a shaky, 61cc hoss of a saw. They have a very distinctive sound—kind of thump thump.

Parts are still relatively easy to find (as Stihl made about a billion of them & they’re tanks). Biggest drawback is weight, vibrations, and the very weird intake “stack” kinda setup. There are several layers of plates and gaskets for the carb setup that could be easy to get wrong if you’re not paying attention.

I’ve had 3 total, kept 1. It’s an “every now and then for kicks” saw for me.

Latest posts

Back