To Good To Be True?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:agree2:

Bush cord is very commom term for full cubic cord (128 cubic feet) of stacked wood in these parts.

Which leaves one scratching his head wondering why in the world anyone would add "Bush" to a perfectly, good, legal and clear term. Basically, a 'bush cord' can be anything the seller wants to call it as the definition is not in any legal description. Same as the bogus 'face cord'.

Harry K

Firewood Measurement

Just to confuse you all a little more. Yes a bush cord is the same as a cord (128 cubic ft or 4x8x4). Another measurement I have been running into is the face cord or single that should measure 4ftx8ftx16in. However alot of people are trying to pass off lengths cut 12in for the same. Have run into one guy who claimed that the 12in lengths was a "stove cord". I have not had a woodstove in my house since a kid until recently. Trying to track down some decent seasoned hardwood to burn at a reasonable price si gettin harder and more confusing then had ever anticipated. Since living in a new area have also been trying to find somewhere to even cut my own but living in an urbanized area is making that nearly impossible.

:greenchainsaw:

By the by...1/3 of a cord is a RICK.

That must be a yank! Term! LoL Since I have been a kid We have always used
the term Bush cord = 4x4x8=128cf / Face cord = 1/3 of a bush cord 16"
new to me this year was the term Short cord? That's what one guy called it when he left the message on my phone..:confused:

king cord

That must be a yank! Term! LoL Since I have been a kid We have always used
the term Bush cord = 4x4x8=128cf / Face cord = 1/3 of a bush cord 16"
new to me this year was the term Short cord? That's what one guy called it when he left the message on my phone..:confused:

you have a king cord / made in perth ontario canada isn't it , now that is a truly professional peice of hardware to have I hear there is another company down that way (Perth Ontario ) making a chainsaw version at a place called Bells machining ?
ever see 1

here at least face cord is 4 x 8 ft x whatever the length is. So face cord of 16 = 1/3 actual cord. Face cord of 24 = 1/2 actual cord.
Marketing. Face cord at 125 sounds way better than full cord at 375. and sadly most buyers don't know the difference.

CORD period, please.

Are these pictures from the advertisement?

8527lbm_20.jpeg

8975lnb_20.jpeg

Looks like a bounch of scrap hardwood flooring peices....should stack nice.....

Back