Todays Haul from firewood lot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valkyrie Rider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
standard.jpg

Had a nice morning/early afternoon of cutting/clearing. Only took this one load today. Hope to split and stack this tomorrow so I can get another load next Saturday.

Nice haul Valkyrie. I'm not an expert in wood ID so I have to ask, what is it?
I see I left my work gloves on the side of your truck. I've been looking for them.

Nice haul Valkyrie. I'm not an expert in wood ID so I have to ask, what is it?
I see I left my work gloves on the side of your truck. I've been looking for them.

I believe those to be the best gloves for firewood. Cotton knit, with the rubber skin on the face. You can get some good miles out of them and they retain a bit of heat, while keeping moisture for the most part out.

Hard to tell on my phone, but is the back window protected? I just stack even with the bed. I loathe drama.

Back window is not protected, which is why I stacked so high and strapped down the first row really well. Made a headache rack out of wood. I DO need to get something, or make something though.

Sounds like you have a great lot to cut at this year. Nice load of wood. Is that the same lot Mike has been cutting at?

Yup, Mike is helping me out again this year and took about a load and a half out so far in the last two Saturdays. I don't think there is as much wood as we got last yer marked, but it's SUPER easy access and no long hauls carrying the wood. Can back up to every tree once felled and bucked.

looks like a great section they gave you this year.

Mike sent me some pictures from the forest site and it appears to be very nice land to work on.

Which saw is getting used more up there, the 2171 or the 7900?

looks like a great section they gave you this year.

Mike sent me some pictures from the forest site and it appears to be very nice land to work on.

Which saw is getting used more up there, the 2171 or the 7900?

Mostly the Dolmar 510 and a little with the 7900. The jred hasn't had two full tanks through it and after getting the 7900, I don't think it will. I should just sell it.

Latest posts

Back