Too good to be true?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5sticks

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Very new to the site and to the large cc saws but have been running 50-60cc saws for the past 10 years.
I am going to be getting into milling and have been trying to do as much research as possible.
Since I am in the market for a milling saw I have been looking at the trading post here as well as kijiji hoping to find something reasonably priced so I can get things moving.
Deep down I want to stay true to my local dealer especially since they are willing to cut a few hundred dollars off of msrp (660 w/36" bar and chain for 1300 CDN) but I'm also keeping my options open as every dollar counts for me right now.
I ran across this ad a few times on kijiji and wondering if it's too good to be true or if anyone has ever dealt with this Canadian seller.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/k...chainsaw-90cc-or-100cc-milling-saw/1242762602

any insight you guys have would be greatly appreciated and thanks for all the useful threads I've already been reading.

What i understand this saw is built with new and used oem parts, topped with aftermarket parts and you have 30 days of warranty.......ok!

Now remove all those stihl signs from this saw and ask youself again, are you willing to take the leap?

RV

Doesn't seem like a good deal especially with am engine. I just got a near new 660 on other site for just over $700 shipped. Watch the sites, you can find reputable sellers. Have $$ ready, good deals don't last long. Can find good deals on Craigslist but big saws not often. I've bought several saws and lots of misc on here and other site with zero problems.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Thanks guys,
Guess the old saying stick with your gut instinct holds true.
Thankfully, may have found a stock 3120 for not much more than these were listed at.

That's a good point CJ (funny everyone knows me by CG)
I think for the aficionados on here they may be willing to take the chance at the price point especially considering exchange rates as they have the knowledge to fix/ address anything with the saw.
With me being very green to the larger saws, that's where my concern is.

Hi guys,

Very new to the site and to the large cc saws but have been running 50-60cc saws for the past 10 years.
I am going to be getting into milling and have been trying to do as much research as possible.
Since I am in the market for a milling saw I have been looking at the trading post here as well as kijiji hoping to find something reasonably priced so I can get things moving.
Deep down I want to stay true to my local dealer especially since they are willing to cut a few hundred dollars off of msrp (660 w/36" bar and chain for 1300 CDN) but I'm also keeping my options open as every dollar counts for me right now.
I ran across this ad a few times on kijiji and wondering if it's too good to be true or if anyone has ever dealt with this Canadian seller.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/k...chainsaw-90cc-or-100cc-milling-saw/1242762602

any insight you guys have would be greatly appreciated and thanks for all the useful threads I've already been reading.

That is where I live and that ad has been on kijiji for a long time, I think its expensive for what your getting.
I am always on kijiji browsing for saws.
Here is your 3120 The seller may be a member here jockeyduece as he lives where the saw is
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/p...aw/1247529740?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
I have 2 066 for sale, they were used commercially, so high hour saws, new oem seals and pistons, but I wont let them out my door till they have seen a tank or two thru them and that wont happen for a couple of months. 6602.jpg 6601.jpg DSCF1284.JPG

Yep, that's the one and I had noticed the original ad I mentioned had been on kijiji for a few months, which made me wonder.
Are hours on a saw something I should be considering? Because I ideally wanted something relatively low in hours as for me this is a fairly large investment and was hoping to rule out any headaches I may encounter.
I know in saying that, that my safest route would be a dealer so as to get warranty etc, but like I said earlier on, every penny counts.
Again, thanks for all the help everyone.

there isn't an OEM part to be seen in the pics and i bet these are built out of the hutzl kits which means this guy is gonna take someone for a ride. a pawn shop around here does it and the owner is an absolute flake. not only is the saw AM but the quality of the build just isn't there because it's done by a skidrow hack. i've called him out many times in front of customers on it because he advertises them as a new saw with no mention of AM. i made a review online about it and i don't see him do it much anymore. he's had an chinese 090 on the shelf for half a year now.

Went ahead and bit the bullet on the 3120 bigbadbob showed above. Let's hope that I'm not back on here asking for help with it, unless it's on my own will lol. Thanks again everyone!

Back