Took the liner out of my truck bed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but I work at a wholesale auto auction and nonething drives me up a wall more then seeing a 3 year old 30,000 mile off lease truck come in and the bed is beat. Come on you spend $30K+ on a new truck whats a $100 for a drop in bed liner or a few more bucks for a spray in. I understand the whole use the truck as a truck but it comes to a point of protecting an investment and stupidity.

Ok rant off I hate the heat.

I used to use the slide-in bed liners until a body shop guy explained how bad they really are. Fortuneately, I lived in New Mexico where it was fairly dry most of the time. He explained to me that many of the liners get moisture under them and eventually will rust holes in the bed because it cannot dry out. They also tend to warp in the sun.

The spray-on liners are expensive, but how valuable is your truck to you? I like the fact that I can throw a jack in the back and it will not slide around the bed.

It is the first $400 that I would ever spend on a new truck.:clap:

The rubber bed mat is the best thing going for me I also use the sheet of Plywood thing too. Bed mats give you good traction when pulling a big deer into the back and are Deer do get big! Or two guy's pulling a Elk/Moose from the head and two on the rear lifting and pushing you can get 800lbs of dead wight in the back with no slipping or twisted knee's
Yeah here in the city we don't load up much
big game but I could imagine how it would help.

It also works great and gives good traction for power driving the misses
in some old mans field behind a tree line at 2 am after the bar closes.
TreeGuy.jpg

Last edited:
Back