Tool Forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last one, the thing in my hand. Crappy pic, might have to take a better one.

Looks like a brake line wedge or an insert tool for and old table saw for blade removal aid.

Can anyone tell me what this is ? Kind of a crappy pic.

I'm guessing it is something to pull back on a spring for servicing some piece of equipment.

Philbert

attachment.php

Easy T-Handle butt crack scratcher.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P33KxKeRnxo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P33KxKeRnxo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sand Blasting Gun/nozzle combination

Anyone has some recommendations for a sand blasting gun? I have the little HF cabinet, but the gun that came with it seems to be junk (when I decrease the nozzle ID, it will stop to supply the abrasive due to a lack of vacuum).
Thanks.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P33KxKeRnxo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P33KxKeRnxo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ha ha, that's awesome.

daddy66 snap on tools

Chris looks like you did alright in my opinion!That's a whack of tools you picked up.I guess that leaves you with no excuse to fix things.LOL.If I need to borrow a socket or two I know were to ask,oh forgot your a little bit of a walk from me,LOL.
Lawrence

Wood Handles

Hey Fellas any of you guy's put some kind of oil on shovel and hoe handles to protect them from drying out? Mine are cracking and would like to keep them from splitting completely.
Thanks
Lawrence

Hey Fellas any of you guy's put some kind of oil on shovel and hoe handles to protect them from drying out? Mine are cracking and would like to keep them from splitting completely.
Thanks
Lawrence
Boiled Linseed oil is the best there is. I use it all the time for any thing wood that needs protection. Coat your handles real good, let it soak up as much oil as it will then take a rag and wipe down good. It is also good for metal to prevent rusting on shovels and hoes, ect., but always wipe excess oil off. It get tacky when it dries if it is put on to thick.

Some of you know I mangled my fingers on my left hand in a freight elevator door at work in Calgary 9 days before I returned to Oz. On the morning before I left for home I weighed my suitcases and found I could carry 15 more lbs in my suitcases so I visited the local Lee Valley store and bought myself some consolation presents - thought you might like to see what I picked up.

attachment.php

A few days after I arrived home my son came around with birthday presents for myself and my wife. The gift on the left is gourmet coffee beans and chocolates and that was for me because I have an injured hand.

attachment.php

Yes, SWMBO has her own dremel, and yes I am allowed to use the workstation but have to keep all that yucky oil and grease off it.

BobL and Lee Valley

Hi Bob,how are the fingers healing up?Man that was a real bummer that got you, and on vacation,GEEEZZZZZ! Good that you got to see Brad Morgan up in the Cariboo area of British Columbia.Is that your first purchase from Lee Valley Tools?Their Veritas stuff is real nice!I think you will have lot's of fun using those planes.Did you know that they have another company that makes surgical equipment?I think it's chest spreaders or something along that line.

Bob, your wallet must be more sore than your fingers after that purchase! Those low-angle planes are super nice but not cheap!

Yep wallet is still sizzling, plus I had to pay up front for all my medical treatment but my Aussie workers insurance will cover that eventually. Fortunately I have kept my credit cards clean up until that point.

The Lee Valley purchase worked out to be just under the GST limit Aussies can bring back to Oz. To give you an idea of what we pay the Canadian price was jut over 30% less that it would cost to buy here in Oz.

Fingers are improving slowly. Of course one tries to do to much with them and not being fully healed they get quite sore by the end of the day. Even using a keyboard they get sore.

Yep wallet is still sizzling, plus I had to pay up front for all my medical treatment but my Aussie workers insurance will cover that eventually. Fortunately I have kept my credit cards clean up until that point.

The Lee Valley purchase worked out to be just under the GST limit Aussies can bring back to Oz. To give you an idea of what we pay the Canadian price was jut over 30% less that it would cost to buy here in Oz.

Fingers are improving slowly. Of course one tries to do to much with them and not being fully healed they get quite sore by the end of the day. Even using a keyboard they get sore.

Yeah I know you guys get killed at the cash register over there on stuff like this. Not sure why though.

Was that your good hand or your off hand, Bob? I don't remember. I'm reasonably ambidextrous at some things, but am right-handed for most, so when I shortened up those three fingers on my right hand, I quickly had to learn to do certain delicate hygiene tasks with my left hand, which was interesting at first.

Excellent site for old tool

I found this site last night from searching for information on a old Plumb gear puller. I spent several hours checking it out.
http://home.comcast.net/~alloy-artifacts/index.html Click on the manufacturer link and it list hundreds of the old tool making companies and give information about them

Last edited:
Yeah I know you guys get killed at the cash register over there on stuff like this. Not sure why though.

I've posted on this before. It's not just Oz that pays, the rest of the world pays. It's a combination of shipping, low volume and lack of purchasing power. For example I know the wholesale price of new Sthil gear is sometimes more than north american retail!

Was that your good hand or your off hand, Bob? I don't remember. I'm reasonably ambidextrous at some things, but am right-handed for most, so when I shortened up those three fingers on my right hand, I quickly had to learn to do certain delicate hygiene tasks with my left hand, which was interesting at first.

It's my off hand but essential for wood work and even my regular work. The best present I received when I got home was I found out I no longer am head of my unit. :clap: This means I can get back into the lab. Yesterday I even got my hands dirty doing some mechanical maintenance including changing a high vacuum gauge - that meant using spanners! (its been a long time since I did that at work). Anyway by the end of the day my hand was real sore, I guess I still have to take it easy.

Latest posts

Back