Tool Forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ProMac 610

Hey fellas just like you know that I made a transaction with fellow member ProMac 610 and that I had a very positive deal with him.It was kinda tool related so thought I would mention it.
Lawrence

Compression Tester

Gday all can any one tell me if the Lisle 20250 Compression Tester is any good or just another cheap
tool not worth having. cheers

This has been posted here, ..

... maybe in another thread, I dunno.

I 'gifted myself' a bit early for Christmas with this one. One of those things that after you use it you have a "Why didn't I think of this?" moment .... the unit is very well made and works like a champ!

Recoil spring rewinder

I think I'm gonna get me one of those things too.

Does it work on glass eyes Ted?:rolleyes2:

What's wrong with you guys?

Like 2 weeks since last post?

Where's bmorgan when you need him? His posts are really informative!

Giving this thing a jump-start here ...

First up is a little gem picked up on eBay for winding up recoil springs:

GEDC0761.jpg

A Majestic brand vise rescued from my MIL's basement:

GEDC0763.jpg

A pump is a tool, right? Shindaiwa model off eBay, just needs a bit of fuel line work:

GEDC0760.jpg

Lastly, my favorite one of all:

GEDC0764.jpg

Heh, how ironic, i was bored so I decided to check things out here, and lo and behold i had been summoned! Whatcha need, Ted??? I do have a few things i could post but i'm on my phone right now and don't have the pics handy. I built myself a nice heavy welding table back in September, found a perfectly good 16 gal. contractor's air compressor at the scrap that I fixed up for a second unit for my shop, and just a couple days ago one of my bosses gave me a little 4x6" metal cutting bandsaw that one of his tenants left behind and he has no use for.

Lawrence, I don't check my Shaw email account much anymore because I get a lot of spam on it now, and my gmail account is linked with my phone so it's just a lot easier to use. But i just went searching back thru my shaw account and i can't find anything from you since i was down to visit in May... not sure what's happened??? But in any event you can email me from now on at bradbobmorgan at gmail.com. Sorry to hear you're having a rough time right now, if you wanna talk sometime feel free to drop me a line. :)

Back in mid-August I got a job at Canadian Tire here working in the automotive shop. Just a couple weeks ago i got my apprenticeship papers from them, so once those are sent off i'll officially be on my way to being a licensed mechanic. Not making near what i was at the mill, but if I can tough it out for a couple years, i'll get there again - the licensed guys can make $32/hr at the top end, and if I moved on to another company I could make more than that. And hopefully it'll be a more stable field of work. There will always be cars to fix and tires to change, whether the mills or mines are running or not. Not sure I like the work itself quite as much as industrial maintenance/millwrighting, in that i don't find it all quite as interesting, but on the other hand I'm not going to be out working in 30-below-zero winds and two feet of snow this winter either. And it's a good company to work for, as far as big retailers go. Benefits and profit-sharing, for example.

Hey bmorgan! Long time no hear from!

Many of us enjoyed your posts and always felt as though something was learned from each one.

Now we learned that you found a situation that's better for you ... even though it may not necessarily be as 'cool' or involve as many 'toys' as the previous job.

:cheers:

Here is a handy little tidbit I have used for a while, I keep a jewelers loupe handy for parts inspection. It is amazing what you can spot with one of these things, from a bad bearing to a micro crack in a rod, just today I was cobbling together a trimmer from my spare parts pile and I noticed that one of the two pistons that I had to choose from had a micro crack that was not visible and could not be felt by hand, had I used it I'm sure failure would not be far off.
A loupe is also handy for metal sliver extraction when you can feel them but not see them.

Heh, how ironic, i was bored so I decided to check things out here, and lo and behold i had been summoned! Whatcha need, Ted??? I do have a few things i could post but i'm on my phone right now and don't have the pics handy. I built myself a nice heavy welding table back in September, found a perfectly good 16 gal. contractor's air compressor at the scrap that I fixed up for a second unit for my shop, and just a couple days ago one of my bosses gave me a little 4x6" metal cutting bandsaw that one of his tenants left behind and he has no use for.

He Brad, good to hear about your job situation. . . . .

I picked up a very old 4x6 last year. Since then I added a coolant loop using an aquarium pump and changed the handles over to swivel type handles. I also changed the vice so that it can hold stuff right up close to the blade.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A compressor question ..

.. for our friends in climates North of me.

If you have a compressor in an unheated building, do you run SAE 20 oil in it in the winter?

Mine has SAE 30 compressor oil in it, but is having a hard time starting up these days. I got it early last summer, so this is its first winter with me. Yep, my oil is fresh.

Thanks!

.. for our friends in climates North of me.

If you have a compressor in an unheated building, do you run SAE 20 oil in it in the winter?

Mine has SAE 30 compressor oil in it, but is having a hard time starting up these days. I got it early last summer, so this is its first winter with me. Yep, my oil is fresh.

Thanks!

I run 10 weight in mine in the winter.......20 in the spring and fall......and 30 in the summer.

Framing houses with nail guns taught me that.

Randy aint a hack. He's a hillbilly with an agenda. Worse than a mexican with a credit card.

I run 10 oil in mine too Teddy. Good for -25. :rock:

Back