Tool Forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think about it Joe, to put 2 cord of wood on your truck it would have to be split and stacked front to back a level 4 ft high. With green hardwood your looking at around up to 10,000 lbs.

Just sayin...
Yeah I wouldn't do it now. The truck has no e brake, and the lines need to be replaced.
Just last week I had a load of demo in the truck. Nothing too heavy about 1700 lbs. hit a raised manhole cover and 5 min later the tread blew off the tire. Tore up the inner fender well, scared the hell out me. Truck spent the night 30 min from home till I could get a tire and my jack out there.image.jpg

Latest procurement. SAE extra ling hex bits. The Husky 268 I am taking apart is apparently mostly metric but not the cylinder bolts so good excuse!

Attachments

• 20150707_200005.jpg
    20150707_200005.jpg
    974.1 KB · Views: 25
Picked up these Craftsman combination wrenches at a pawn shop on Friday. Neither set was complete, dug around in the bins and found everything but the 11/16ths. As an added bonus I got them to include the Blue Point 14mm, that is a $10-$15 item on e-bay.

image.jpg

Wife found this on the air force base she works at. Kinda like a craigslist for the base only. Wife knows my style and looks out for me. So a hi lift showed up before but we missed it. Got this one. She even picked it up for me.
Always wanted a hi lift. Between working on the trucks and 4 wheeling on the beach plus all the other uses. Gonna oreder the off road kit and do more research on it.
image.jpg image.jpg

Some of that video is ok but using green wire for a positive cable ?

Use the proper sized unsulated connector, crimp it with good crimpers then use adheasive lined heatshrink over it.
Get the 3 to 1 shrink rate and use black if it will be exposed to sunlight.

I use 2 pieces of heatshrink, a longer piece over the first for extra strain relief or in a wet location.

I rewire a few inshore saltwater boats a year as well as keeping mine and my fishing buddies boats ready to go when we get a few hours off work.

Good adheasive lined heatshrink is the best way to protect the connection from corrosion. Also after a connection is made like a ring connector under a screw or nut spray it with corrosion X or any good protector/lube. The spray helps prevent water and air/oxygen from getting at the connection.
Buyheatshrink.com is a good source for heatshrink at a good price. They have good stuff to cover that full wrap thinggy on your chainsaw too!

Bought another pile of tools at a pawn shop, got this tub for $30. I will sort out the good stuff and put the remainder on CL and get the stuff I keep for free.

image.jpg

Got it all sorted out, not as much good stuff as last time. I did find a couple of complete Task Force 1/4" socket sets in SAE and metric I will keep and the usual Craftsman sockets (some pretty old). Put the rest on CL for $40 last night, a guy came by to get the whole lot today. He builds fences, no name was good for him as tools get lost or disappear. Last tub I sold for the $40 I paid for it, but I probably kept 75+ sockets.

By the way, I sent the tools away in a box and kept the tub.

image.jpg

Back