Toolbox

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a Husky brand in the past and I was not impressed. The lid leaked, and snow - forget it. I've also had 2 Weatherguards on 2 different trucks. They are about 3 times the price, but they last. With truck boxes, you do indeed get what you pay for.

Before I bought my first weatherguard, I asked a superintendent for a large contractor in the area what he thought of their weatherguard boxes. He told me when they used other brands, they would go through at least 2 boxes per truck (5 years or so). With the Weatherguards, they go through 2 trucks per box.

Spend the money and keep it forever.

I have a large job box, think it was called a gang box on here. Never tried it in my truck though, a question for those that have. Mine is pretty deep (30") and the lid is fairly heavy, it seems like it would be impossible to reach the bottom of it when it is in the truck bed?
Also seems like it would be hard to get the lid open without actually getting into the truck bed? Anyone that has done it before?

i use

a weatherguard full length got it jacked up on 4x4 chunks so it sits up extrahigh lets me still get a decent amount of 4x8 sheet goods in and under it with the tailgate closed

Latest posts

Back