torque spec. for connecting rod?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchuck361

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I need the torque spec for the connecting rod cap on a poulan s25da
Also which way is up on the rings. I have never seen rings like this before Thanks alot.
attachment.php

Last edited:
I figure the rod spec to be "gootentite":dizzy:

The dish in the ring should aim away from the combustion chamber. It is meant to encase an alignment pin you should see in the ring groove.

I figure the rod spec to be "gootentite":dizzy:

The dish in the ring should aim away from the combustion chamber. It is meant to encase an alignment pin you should see in the ring groove.

There is not an alignment pin in the piston ring groove. Also the ring will not fit in the cylinder with out filing it down first? I know that parts change as time goes by and these are for an old saw so I though nothing of them being a different design but they are different from the rings I took out.

well here I am with another question about these rings.
To make them fit I would have to file the "ring lock" The tapered part at the gap completely off. The ring will fit in the cylinder. I got them in,Test fit with one side overlapping the other. I am concerned about too much pressure from the ring on the cylinder as these rings are considerably larger then the ones that came out. And too much tension on the ring from compressing it more then was intended. Am I just thinking too much? I don't want to damage the cylinder. Thanks guys...

Latest posts

Back