Towing Dolly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckr74

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anyone built one for there garden tractor? I think it will work pretty good. just need to move splitter and trailer around without using the truck. I'll try to get pics when I'm done.

Has anyone built one for there garden tractor? I think it will work pretty good. just need to move splitter and trailer around without using the truck. I'll try to get pics when I'm done.

why not just bolt up a piece of plate steel and install a hitch ball?

Yes I build one for my ATV. After I took the picture I made the tongue removable and use the axle as a dolly under long logs.

why not just bolt up a piece of plate steel and install a hitch ball?

That's what I was thinking. Something like this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J-kNs9LfAfM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J-kNs9LfAfM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ckr74 I think you're asking for trouble towing a log with a garden tractor. We've had 5 small tractors last 4 were Cubs and 3 of them were wood workers.

Back before we got a CUT to haul logs we used a wagon to draw cut rounds out of the woods.

After ruining a few of the store bought ones the best one we came up with was a home built dump trailer. Used the axle of a van with 14" tires and had 50" wood sides no back gate.

imo the 14" tires was the magic move... it was so easy for a small tractor to tow a heavy load with the bigger tires...esp so threw our wetter areas.

Here's what's left of it.
3330890873_b0c1f3d1d4.jpg
It's steel framed, the rough cut hemlock siding rotted away. If I were to do it over (and I just mite) I'd use ash for siding for it's bend without breaking factor.

Latest posts

Back