tracked chippers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treesandsurf

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
For this with experience using tracked chippers, what are the best brands or makes? I saw some smaller ones (4" maybe?) that were being discussed on another arborist forum and were made in Europe, can't remember the name?

The smaller bandit tracked chippers look pretty nice.

jp:D

4" chipper? That's called a chainsaw. Seriously, why even bother making one? I've used 6" chippers, and they suck seriously - I can barely imagine a smaller one.

All I know about track chippers is that they are REALLY expensive. I see them on highway projects more often than anywhere else, but I guess that's just where it's easy to spot them.

Four inch is way too small. Most all 6" chippers also suck, unless it is a chuck and duck. I have one and on 6 inch and smaller material, it kicks butt.

This is not for me personally, or a tree service. This is for a homeowner with a large property and limited access that has projects every now and then and was interested in a tracked chipper.

jp:D

Latest posts

Back