Tractor SUpply Black Friday Deals

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh-oh, Wildthing only $99 - with case! Good old Poulan throwing that 18" bar on a 40cc saw, gotta love it.

Uh-oh, Wildthing only $99 - with case! Good old Poulan throwing that 18" bar on a 40cc saw, gotta love it.
Well, my WT is (was I guess, since it's in pieces at the moment) 42cc, and it never had any problem whatsoever pulling an 18" bar. Worked every bit as well as my Dad's 18" MS250C, with the added advantage that it actually ran from new.

This link will take you to the TSC Black Friday ad: The 2011 Tractor Supply Company Black Friday Ad Scan

Check page 2 for wood harvesting deals. A gallon of bar and chain oil for $6, 5 gallons of ahydraulic fluid for $32, a couple of Husky saws and a few splitters.

Bob

Thanks for the link OP, but wow does that suck. I just stopped there Saturday and picked up five gallons of bar oil at $8.99 a gallon. Might have to pick up a few more, six bucks a gallon is getting hard to find these days.

Well, my WT is (was I guess, since it's in pieces at the moment) 42cc, and it never had any problem whatsoever pulling an 18" bar. Worked every bit as well as my Dad's 18" MS250C, with the added advantage that it actually ran from new.

Well, I stand corrected I guess. I know my dad's Poulan Pro is a 42 or 43cc saw and it could not handle the 18" bar it came with very well at all. I bought him a 16" bar/chain which is better but still not great. I was thinking of going down to a 14" like his old Poulan had (25 super I think) but he wanted the 16" this time. Yes, I am spoiled with the 346xp and perhaps I'm not getting a fair assesment of his Poulan because of that.

Honestly for $99 with a case maybe it's not a bad emergency/backup saw for the money. The color scheme does remind me of our old Arctic Cat snowmobiles. Anyway, thanks to the OP for putting up the link, some good deals in there.

LOL!! Thanks!!

Better price on Rotella and Hydro than I get from our Oil distributor.
Time to stock up again. Seeing as how China is fixing to get all the oil from Canada, our refiners are likely to jack things up again shortly.

Good deals on farm toys too. Gonna spoil the Niece and Nephew a bit more for sure.

The price on those Ratchett straps looks good, untill ya buy 'em and use them. Bought a half dozen last year, and they are the lower rated cheapies. Handy for small stuff and in the woods though. I spray painted the ratchetts and hooks, to make sure I didn't screw up and use them for hauling anything real heavy, and have found a bunch of uses for them. Might get a couple more.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I'll be going there to stock up on a gallon or two of bar oil.

49.99 for a insultated/hooded carhartt sounds good too.

Thanks for the link OP, but wow does that suck. I just stopped there Saturday and picked up five gallons of bar oil at $8.99 a gallon. Might have to pick up a few more, six bucks a gallon is getting hard to find these days.

It's almost always 6 bucks here.

Does anyone know if the WT they sell at TSC is 42cc or 40cc? I have been meaning to stop by and look at the EPA tag and see, but I have not had a chance. If I could get one for $100 I might do it just to get the motor, and swap it into my Craftsman with the bad P/C. Yes, I know that would be kinda silly, but I like the colors on the Craftsman better. The cost would be pretty much a wash if I were to buy get new crank bearings/seals. I won't do it if it's only 40cc though.

None of those deals look worth getting up early for and fighting the crowd. I will pay 7 bucks for the bar oil.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk

That is not that good of a deal on the hydraulic oil. I constantly see it at that price in our area. The same with the bar oil as well. Last time I was down there, which was several weeks ago, it was 6 bucks then, bought two gallons. Some of these are not black friday deals, IMO.

Does anyone know if the WT they sell at TSC is 42cc or 40cc? I have been meaning to stop by and look at the EPA tag and see, but I have not had a chance. If I could get one for $100 I might do it just to get the motor, and swap it into my Craftsman with the bad P/C. Yes, I know that would be kinda silly, but I like the colors on the Craftsman better. The cost would be pretty much a wash if I were to buy get new crank bearings/seals. I won't do it if it's only 40cc though.

The ad says 40cc. I looked on the regular TSC website and it also says 40cc. If I get a chance I'll stop in and triple check. Who knows, maybe some stores have the 42cc version. It's actually on sale right now for $130 usd, regular price is $150. Personally I would not pay more than $100 for it. I think someone could do better with a better brand used saw for around $100 unless you wanted the parts like you said. Too bad it's not the 42cc, I like your idea of rebuilding your Craftsman saw for the fun of it but I bet you could find a barely used 42cc Poulan or Craftsman on CL or ebay for less than $100. Just a bit more of a pain to get.

The ad says 40cc. I looked on the regular TSC website and it also says 40cc. If I get a chance I'll stop in and triple check. Who knows, maybe some stores have the 42cc version. It's actually on sale right now for $130 usd, regular price is $150. Personally I would not pay more than $100 for it. I think someone could do better with a better brand used saw for around $100 unless you wanted the parts like you said. Too bad it's not the 42cc, I like your idea of rebuilding your Craftsman saw for the fun of it but I bet you could find a barely used 42cc Poulan or Craftsman on CL or ebay for less than $100. Just a bit more of a pain to get.
The thing is, my Craftsman is listed as 40cc too, but the EPA sticker says 42cc, and that's what it measures out to. They actually used the same 42cc engine in a lot of saws, regardless of what it was advertised to be.

I have the part numbers for the chrome PP260 parts saved and that is what I've planned to get once I set aside the money, but I just spent that on a 24" bar and chain that I'm going to need to clean up after the Halloween storm. It's still probably the better choice, but I was thinking it would be nice to be able to just go pick it up rather than ordering it. However, I NEVER go out on Black Friday, and I don't think even a chainsaw would change that! We'll see.

The wife and I are going out tonight and should be near a TSC. I'll see if I can pop in and look at the epa sticker if they have a Wild Thing on the shelf.

I went out on a couple of black Fridays just to a local Wal-Mart, Sears Hardware and a small local Game Stop for the kids' video game crap, it wasn't too crazy and the deals were excellent. The big electronics stores and malls are where it gets wicked nasty I think. I don't expect TSC to be too bad.

I'm hoping to get the portable garage/shelter thing on black Friday for $279 usd. It's 12' by 20' and 8' tall I think. I need something for my wood stack, splitter, old Gravely, old Horse tiller and push mower. They're not fitting in the little shed anymore since I got a new garden tractor and I'm sick of tarps, especially when the snow and ice come to stay for a few months. We live on a windy hill so I have been afraid to try them, especially this one that's not the heavy duty version but for that price I might risk it and tuck it in on the downhill side up under some white pines and stake it down really well.

By the time I got to replace my Wild Thing it was a hybrid with craftsman grey parts and that crazy neon green poo-lan color.
I miss that dumb saw sometimes. Than I fire up my MS441 and realize it was well worth parting ways with.

Well, made it to TSC last night and here's the scoop on the Wild Thang. The clutch cover says 40cc but the epa sticker says 42cc. So I guess that means it's a 41cc right? :msp_confused: I'm guessing the epa sticker is more accurate, the clutch cover stickers are probably old ones laying around the Poulan plant they had to use up so they threw them on these. As long as they are not overstating the displacement I guess they are allowed to do that.

What I do know for sure is it's butt ugly, worse than the picture looked. If it were me I'd Mad Max it and just paint the whole thing flat black. :rock: Oh and it's also heavy as heck. I picked it up and thought I had mistakenly picked up the 455 Rancher next to it but the neon green and purple assured me that I had indeed picked up the 40cc or 42cc saw, not a 55cc saw. Egads, at least if the thing craps out on you over the winter you can throw it in your boat in the spring cuz it will make a fantastic anchor.

Still, I don't know where else you are gonna find a brand new gas chainsaw for $100 so if you can use it for parts to repair another saw or if you just want something cheap for whatever reason probably worth getting up early for. Heck, the freakin case is probably worth $30 if it will fit other saws which it probably will since that Wild Thing is huge for a 40-42cc saw and you have a crappy bar and chain for cutting stumps with. Oh no, I've almost talked myself into going for it myself. Good thing I'm broke - thank you Mr. President you saved me from spending my money on a cheap saw I don't need. Instead you took it and spent it on nothing. Ok, that's for another forum, I'll stop it.

Well, made it to TSC last night and here's the scoop on the Wild Thang. The clutch cover says 40cc but the epa sticker says 42cc. So I guess that means it's a 41cc right? :msp_confused: I'm guessing the epa sticker is more accurate, the clutch cover stickers are probably old ones laying around the Poulan plant they had to use up so they threw them on these. As long as they are not overstating the displacement I guess they are allowed to do that.

What I do know for sure is it's butt ugly, worse than the picture looked. If it were me I'd Mad Max it and just paint the whole thing flat black. :rock: Oh and it's also heavy as heck. I picked it up and thought I had mistakenly picked up the 455 Rancher next to it but the neon green and purple assured me that I had indeed picked up the 40cc or 42cc saw, not a 55cc saw. Egads, at least if the thing craps out on you over the winter you can throw it in your boat in the spring cuz it will make a fantastic anchor.

Still, I don't know where else you are gonna find a brand new gas chainsaw for $100 so if you can use it for parts to repair another saw or if you just want something cheap for whatever reason probably worth getting up early for. Heck, the freakin case is probably worth $30 if it will fit other saws which it probably will since that Wild Thing is huge for a 40-42cc saw and you have a crappy bar and chain for cutting stumps with. Oh no, I've almost talked myself into going for it myself. Good thing I'm broke - thank you Mr. President you saved me from spending my money on a cheap saw I don't need. Instead you took it and spent it on nothing. Ok, that's for another forum, I'll stop it.
Thanks for checking on that! I dunno, I cut with it for 12 years and for most of that it was my only saw, so it feels perfectly normal to me. Then again one of my other saws in regular use is a Mac 3420, so the WT is comparatively light and small. I can't say I really ever cared that much about the weight and size thing, it just never seems like that big a deal to me. From the 142 on one end, which is very small and light, to the Mac on the other, all of them seem to work very well and be very effective tools.

I really cannot afford to spend the money right now either, having blown that on the new bar and chain. But I really do want to fix up the old Craftsman/WT, and this would actually make sense because I'd have spare parts for everything. We'll see.

Totally with you on the cost. $100 is cheap for a new gas saw but it equals 28 gallons of gas or a nice WWII Mosin Nagant rifle with a box or two of ammo or it would go a long way if I gave it to some of the missionaries my church supports or things my wife and kids need or 100 cheeseburgers off the McDonald's dollar menu (before tax). I try to keep myself from spending money on stuff I don't need by relating it to gas, guns, God, family or cheeseburgers.

The Wild Thing not is really that heavy, I was being a little bit of a wise guy there. It was heavier than I expected for it's cc size though. It seemed about the same as the 455 Rancher but I expected that to be heavier at 55cc. I admit to getting caught up in some of the weight, bar length, etc issues sometimes. It's just because when I decided to treat myself on one really good saw I researched it to death and drove everyone on this site crazy with questions. I got quite an education but became more aware of things I never cared about much before either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back