Tractor Supply Blowout

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me and the wife stopped by TSC today to get some dog food and grass seed, I looked over at the saws and see a bunch of red! I hadn't seen the thread yet. I picked up a 24" replaceable tip bar 50% for $40 and a tune up kit for $6. I might stop by tomm but there wasn't much left.

Checked out the two TSC's in our area. Most of the Husky saws were gone. Not interested in the homeowner saws anyways. Chaps and Pro Forest helmets were gone....dammit. Picked up a .325 filing kit for $9. One store had a folding table setup with a banner and three smaller J-Red saws.

Went to my local TSC yesterday in Vestal N.Y. had nothing on the shelf, stock person was hanging Jonsered signs, asked him what a jonsered was and he told me that they were a new brand of saw made in Germany. :msp_sneaky:

Went to my local TSC yesterday in Vestal N.Y. had nothing on the shelf, stock person was hanging Jonsered signs, asked him what a jonsered was and he told me that they were a new brand of saw made in Germany. :msp_sneaky:

I was told at my local TSC that Jonsered was the professional side of Husqvarna. I asked about the XP line of Husqvarna and got a blank stare like I was stupid. I did buy a nice water pump for cheap.

Last edited:
Wow, now that's scary! The Jonsered name has been in North America for how long? :msp_rolleyes:

Hey, I scores two cases of Husky Chain oil at TSC for half off. The first clerk tried to tell me it wasn't on sale so I went to the other line with a gallon and what do you know it scanned half off.

TSC busy enough to have two checkout lines going?

so I went to the other line with a gallon and what do you know it scanned half off.

Every time I go into the local TSC there is two employees total and you have to find one of them when you want to check out.

The shelves were picked pretty clean at the TS near me. Only a few pair of chaps a helmet, screnches and a tune up kit. Nothing I wanted when the wallets guage was pushin close to E

They were pretty well stocked with some kind of Country branded loops of chain and mix and stuff. There was no country of origin on the packages so I'm assuming its Chinese Junk chain. Anyone know?

local TSC had only a half dozen Husky saws left and none were for sale. Even if you wanted to buy one at full tilt, said they have an arrangement that whatever saws are left goes back to the vendor. There were two 455R and three 450's, a few 445's and a couple smaller ones in our area.
All the prices were removed from shelves just the saws remained.
Mentioned that Wednesday they can release the Jonsered's for sale.

Last edited:
Was in local tsc today, 1 450 left on shelf, nothing else husky in the store. They had the pallet of Jred saws out by the cash register still wrapped up

Went to my local TSC store (Tiffin, OH) on Friday.
They had all Husky accessories at 50% off.
But they did not have much.
Picked up a couple of 18" chains for $12 each.

Got over to another TSC store today (Findlay, OH).
They had a shopping cart of Husky items all marked 1/2 off
Picked up another couple of 18" chains for $12 each.

Checked the TSC in Manhattan ,KS today, All Husky items gone, sent back according to management, Jonsered's now fill the shelves.

Same here. No Husqvarna logo anywhere in the store and a completely stocked section of Jonsered stuff including oil, chaps, bars, files.........ect. And oh yeah, saws.......2255, 2250, 2245 and 2238 models.

Anyone have any thoughts on which Jred would be the saw at TSC? I don't know the model numbers but, with serious CAD, I know I am going to buy one there eventually. I also I know I am going to get flamed by the experts here for even thinking about buying a consumer saw at TSC, but I like the place and we have nothing like it around here.

if you go to the bottom of this page, they have a chart that compares various Jonsered models to its Stihl and Husky counterpart. Of course by reading it, it leads you to believe that the Jonsered is the best deal. The Jonsered and Husky models often have identical specs.

Jonsered | Chainsaws & Outdoor Power Equipment - Tractor Supply Co.

CS2238 - MS171 - 240
CS2240 - MS211 - 435
CS2250 - MS271 - 450
CS2255 - MS290 - 455
CS2166 - MS440 - 365

Are they being fair and comparing apples to apples?

Are these Jonsered saws stratto engines like the Husky saws they replaced? I had a 435 for a couple of years, pretty good runner for the cc's, but it would act up if you tried to use it on hot-humid days mid-summer. Never gave any troubles anyplace in cool/cold weather. I ended up selling it, as my little CS-370 is the "go to" saw in that size range, never once gives the first issue anyplace. Not quite the power or cutting speed of the 435, but I'll take dead solid reliability anyday over something that is problematic.......Cliff

Back