Tractor Supply selling 54cc New Poulan Pro saws??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joecool85

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was in my local tractor supply and stumbled across a stack of 12 Poulan Pro 330s with 22" bars. 54cc, antivibe, $199 each. I asked the guy if they were new to the store (since I hadn't even seen them before) and he gave me a look like I had three heads. He told me they've been selling them for quite a while and that people like them a lot.

I checked out Poulan's website and can't find the saw on there, and for that matter, can't find it on TRACTOR SUPPLY'S site! lol.

The EPA sticker on the saw they had out of box said 2007.

Are these legit new products or are they older saws being sold as new old stock or something? They look like pretty quality saws unlike what Poulan has right now on the market (makes the 4620AVX look like a kids toy in quality for instance). And considering that tractorsupply.com wants $199 for the 4620, and the store in person wants the same price for the seemingly much better build 330 which is also 8cc bigger, I'm very curious to say the least.

I've emailed Poulan about it, we'll see what they say.

295.jpg

55.jpg

I "saw" these also, look like rebadged old style Huskies/Jonsered to me. Same chainbrake and plastic, except in yellow instead of orange. Top cover is certainly Jonsered non Turbo. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they are Frankenstein cousin to the venerable old 55 Rancher. The price is right for a farmer or rancher to pick up on a whim, $199 and it looks pretty solid to me. Also, Sears is selling the same saw at the same price but advertises it as 46cc, WTF?!?!

Scott

Last edited:
Our TSC here has them, but none on display so I could check them out.

The last Poulan I owned was a re-badged Husqvarna, pretty sure it was a 141 or 142, and the WORST saw ever put in our line-up. I quickly got rid of it, and still think that saw was possessed!

For some reason that I will never understand, the Poulan took apprx 14 pulls to start it cold, overheated and puked out when you worked it really hard, never would hold a good idle, oiler worked when it wanted to, an absolute TURD for power production, and absolutely WOULD NOT START after you fueled it up hot, until it cooled completely down, then 14 pulls or so more to get it going.:bang:

I bought it new, and checked all the fuel system stuff, etc, never finding anything wrong with it, aside from being "cheap" looking everyplace.

That experience makes me want to avoid anything from Poulan these days, even "Pro" rated saws......Cliff

Yeah, specs may put it closer to a 142, except with Jonsered non-Turbo style plastic. Probably a turd but hey, it's cheap! What do you expect for $199?

Scott

I bought one and it's a pretty good saw. It has a vertical crankcase with seperate cylinder, very good air filter system, and well made. I did change mine from .375 (22") to an 18" .325 and it really likes that set-up. I did reset the squish as it was more that .032 and opened the muffler up some. Mine has had about 3 tanks run through it and I think it's built as good as any 55cc pro saw out there. Now in stock form it won't run with the 5100 or 260 but Poulan has always built a torque motor anyway. For $199 it's the best buy out there.

295.jpg

55.jpg

I "saw" these also, look like rebadged old style Huskies/Jonsered to me. Same chainbrake and plastic, except in yellow instead of orange. Top cover is certainly Jonsered non Turbo. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they are Frankenstein cousin to the venerable old 55 Rancher. The price is right for a farmer or rancher to pick up on a whim, $199 and it looks pretty solid to me. Also, Sears is selling the same saw at the same price but advertises it as 46cc, WTF?!?!

Scott

This is not the saw that he is reffering to. This saw is a pc of junk just like the husky below it in the picture you posted. The saw he is talking about is a very good saw in terms of quality and price it is the best deal out there.

Hey guys, I was in my local tractor supply and stumbled across a stack of 12 Poulan Pro 330s with 22" bars. 54cc, antivibe, $199 each. I asked the guy if they were new to the store (since I hadn't even seen them before) and he gave me a look like I had three heads. He told me they've been selling them for quite a while and that people like them a lot.

I checked out Poulan's website and can't find the saw on there, and for that matter, can't find it on TRACTOR SUPPLY'S site! lol.

The EPA sticker on the saw they had out of box said 2007.

Are these legit new products or are they older saws being sold as new old stock or something? They look like pretty quality saws unlike what Poulan has right now on the market (makes the 4620AVX look like a kids toy in quality for instance). And considering that tractorsupply.com wants $199 for the 4620, and the store in person wants the same price for the seemingly much better build 330 which is also 8cc bigger, I'm very curious to say the least.

I've emailed Poulan about it, we'll see what they say.

This saw is the same as the 380 that baileys sold 5-6 yrs ago for 399.00 except the 380 is 60cc and the 330 is 54cc. Very good saw and very good deal.;)

This saw is the same as the 380 that baileys sold 5-6 yrs ago for 399.00 except the 380 is 60cc and the 330 is 54cc. Very good saw and very good deal.;)

Is it actually a new saw or new old stock though? Why isn't it listed on poulan's website or tractor supply's site?

Is it actually a new saw or new old stock though? Why isn't it listed on poulan's website or tractor supply's site?

They are new old stock saws and still carry the full factory warranty. They are NOT refurb units. They do compare the the pre epa 55 (rancher) husky. I'm telling you for the price there is nothing out there to touch it.

They are new old stock saws and still carry the full factory warranty. They are NOT refurb units. They do compare the the pre epa 55 (rancher) husky. I'm telling you for the price there is nothing out there to touch it.

So Poulan doesn't make them anymore, they're just letting Tractor Supply sell of old inventory?

I may have to convince the wife on this one...they look pretty sweet.

Let me get this straight. You guys are saying the Poulan 330 is a good saw/deal?

I've been looking for a small saw. This may fit the bill, but a saw around here can go from legend to pos in a couple of post.

I wouldn't pay $200 for a 54cc saw, I got Poulan Woodshark for $74 brand new.

You have a saw that has the crank setting in a plastic case. The 330 is a verticle split magnesium case. Huge difference. Also a wood shark is no where near 54cc.;)

Latest posts

Back