trade 064 for 660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammerlogging

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Fellow who cuts with me wants to create a trade with a nice clean 064 for a 660 or 066. He runs 390s but wants to give a 660 a solid try and doesn't need the 064. I'll try and field any questions or thoughts. Its a fine 064 and a deal could be negotiated.

Thanks.

064 can be converted into 066/660s if the pc are in great shape and the saws is in good sound shape i would do it because of the lighter weight but conduction is key on this one . unless cash money is put into this trade

Oh well. thanks. Hmm. Well I have one party maybe with interest. The 064 looks like it has about 15 hours of work on it, nearly new, incredible considering how my 1 year old 660s will look. Boy I like the do i power behind well tuned 660s. He wants to try one to see if it shares a little less finicky wear and tear issues as the huskys seem to offer.

Here are a couple of photos. I'm sure the owner would be happy to keep the full wrap if the trader wanted to stick with a half wrap, but the powerhead is the real consideration. If it sweetens the deal, I can find the buyer a 40" red oak on a 90% slope, just to sample the trade on....after the trade is done though.

He can get the compression number if there is still a serious offer.

Attachments

• IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 119
  • IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 94
****, it says :"made in West Germany" I might buy it just for that cold war relic!!

I can't believe this chainsaw forum, this post is probably already down to the 3rd page and I haven't even posted reply yet

no, he should run 660s and someone who wants a 064 should port it, and be super pleased, and have something cooler than a 660. Its more sensible for a production faller.

Kind of why I drive a tacoma instead of a land rover
lol, I have both. they both have they place. or.....i'm just sentimental as the 64 was my first big saw.
good luck with ya red oaks......ya know ya teasin me right lol.

That's a nice looking 064. Shouldn't be too hard finding a nice trade for that.

I'm the possibly interested party the OP mentioned. I have a late model poly flywheel 066 that needs a new home.

It's a very nice 064, and I'm certainly not trying to pick it apart, but can any of you walking Stihl encyclopedias answer a couple of questions I have about it? First, based on the filter/cover style as well as the fan cover tag it appears to be an early version. But, the tank housing has the translucent fuel tank and modern fuel cap which makes me believe it must have been replaced at some point - does that sound right? Also, were the early versions offered with a 3/4 wrap handle like this one has? The handlebar doesn't really make me any difference, but I was curious.

Lastly, I'm not asking what anyone thinks it's worth, but generally speaking, are the early 064's valued higher or lower than the later versions with the squared-off filter/cover setup?

I'm the possibly interested party the OP mentioned. I have a late model poly flywheel 066 that needs a new home.

It's a very nice 064, and I'm certainly not trying to pick it apart, but can any of you walking Stihl encyclopedias answer a couple of questions I have about it? First, based on the filter/cover style as well as the fan cover tag it appears to be an early version. But, the tank housing has the translucent fuel tank and modern fuel cap which makes me believe it must have been replaced at some point - does that sound right? Also, were the early versions offered with a 3/4 wrap handle like this one has? The handlebar doesn't really make me any difference, but I was curious.

Lastly, I'm not asking what anyone thinks it's worth, but generally speaking, are the early 064's valued higher or lower than the later versions with the squared-off filter/cover setup?

He put on the 3/4 wrap cause he cuts timber for a living, but never adopted this saw into production, I bet he cut with it 2 days max. He found it locally and it was just so cool he thought he'd go for it, but now is looking for a 66 instead.

Newer ones are worth more. Especially with a clear tank.

Don't convert it to a 660 that'd be silly. The 064 is great the way it is. Imo it has better porting potential

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Are you still interested?

Well, I guess. I sent photos of my saw and some information in a PM. I included what I value it at and asked a couple of questions about your buddies saw as well as what he valued it at. Hadn't heard anything back yet?

Latest posts

Back