Training/Cert. for line clearance trimming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thansen

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Where does a guy go for training and certification for doing utility line clearing? I'm located in Montana, and would like to go through a program or have one of my employees. We are getting a lot of calls to do ROW projects for the power company's but its not something I just want to jump into! Thanks for any help.

Here in SoCal, you have to be a qualified worker to do line clearance. I am a lineman for a utility and we do all the trimming that is in proximity of energized lines. Outside of that we use tree trimming contractors that I assume have been trained and then cross trained by the company.

Tang,
I understand they need to be qualified for line clearance tree trimming. That is my question, how or who provides this type of training? The Utility company's out here don't provide it but are wanting to contract us to do the work so I am looking for advice and or recomendations so that we may go and get the proper training. Thanks for your help and advice! Stay safe.

I would start by calling your Local union and talking to the line contractors or the utility itself, they have to know something. You may have to join a union but that may make it easier to get the training you need.

Latest posts

Back