Training classes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medic2397

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm a new climber and have learned what little I know so far simply by reading a couple of books and trial and error. I live in upstate NY and I am looking for some sort of training in climbing and general tree work. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks and stay safe,

Luke

To bad you missed the TCIA show. They do I think 3-4 hours of free classes each day. I still like to sit through them to pick up tips. Also check to see if your Vermeer dealer will be hosting any 1 day classes, they usually do that once a year. Pete

I was just looking at the NATS website and was wondering what a Maritime Safety and Security Team would need chainsaw training for. I have no problem with training people for things, but I am just wondering if there is a reason that I have not thought of to give them these skills. My only thought was disaster response. I hope no one takes offense or thinks me stupid, but how much work does the coast guard do that isn't on a boat? If it were national guard or reserves I feel that it would make more sense to me. I was wondering if anyone can think of something I haven't.:confused:

Lets not forget ACRTinc Arborist training in Akron, OH. or the Free training at one of the 6 Job Corps Centers, that give the ISA CTW training for free,+ a full set of climbing gear on completion

Where are the six job corps centers? If there were one close enough I would sign up. I am always looking to learn something.

How can I get info on the free training at the job corps center?

And also does anyone know anything about the arct training in akron, oh I talked to them at the tcia show in Milwaukee, wi
Thank's Todd

We have 1 in OR. 2 in KY,1 at the southern end of IL.1 in VT, and here outside of Hot Springs Arkansas. If you are under 24 years of age look up Job Corps in a phone book or try on line. the ACRTinc training from Corp.is a pay for class and is given to any climbers, where as JCC is for young climbers but free as part of JCC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back