Transaction with AS member gone bad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're doing an internet transaction that you're concerned about (money wise), it is best to get the seller's phone number, address etc. That way, you just call them and save everyone the BS. It's pretty routine in the machine gun world to buy and sell guns well over $10,000 on the net, and I would absolutely never cut a deal without a phone number, address, etc and actually talk to the guy before sending 5 digits and waiting 3 months for delivery due to ATF paperwork.

I sold a $14,000 Lewis machine gun to a guy and it took nearly a year to get the paperwork approved by ATF for the tansfer. I had the money up front and the gun...when I finally called the guy a year later, he said "I don't remember, did I buy a Lewis gun?".....yes you did, and I'm shippping it tomorrow. Now that is some patience......

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp

Well the thing is that I have no idea whether or not they were shipped. He won't reply to any emails. He uses an iPhone too, so I know its not just a matter of being "away from home." If I knew they were shipped no big deal. Or if he'd just reply. Keep me informed. But 2 weeks since he received the money and still no updates is a little crappy.

I just want the damn saws. Or my money back.

Remember this thread: http://www.arboristsite.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3442241

Bill G posted a pic of a box he received......but didn't get back to us for a while......because....

Well now after some personal issues over the weekend I have gotten to getting some pics posted. It is not a saw you see everyday in my area.

220917d1327998872-jonsered-1-jpg

Bill

I don't know who the AS member is and I don't want to know!....but is this a matter of life or death?

In before the lock!

Many of us do this for a hobby. My family comes first before a chainsaw. I don't log on here everynight due to family activities but if this me, I would be calling him and asking questions before you post the "dirty laundry" out. Shipping is getting slower and slower everyday. These shipping companies are like everyother business in America. They are hurting for money and laying people off to make a profit. By doing this, less people have jobs and the times are slower.

I have thousands of $$$$$ in outstanding invoices, they always trickle in. Contact is key though, in this day and age there is absolutely no excuse for a lack thereof.

Last edited:
These kinds of threads are always a bad idea, and are never productive. Trust me, I've learned the hard way, lol. You're going to find two camps of people. Some will jump on your back, others will pile on the sellers back. Logic and reason doesn't even have to exist. It simply happens. Guys just like a fight. Chances are you'll get your stuff. And, don't judge us all by one guys actions.

Thanks for this. You pretty much nailed it about how this thread turned out.

I apologize for the drama. I guess I was looking for some wisdom from those here who have "been there, done that." I guess I went about it in the wrong way. I am going to go the way of patience. Hopefully by Monday I'll get a tracking #.

Thanks for this. You pretty much nailed it about how this thread turned out.

I apologize for the drama. I guess I was looking for some wisdom from those here who have "been there, done that." I guess I went about it in the wrong way. I am going to go the way of patience. Hopefully by Monday I'll get a tracking #.

Honestly, I fully understand your frustration. I expect things done in a timely manner as well. In a situation like you find yourself in, you feel powerless to affect the seller to take action, hoping that peer pressure in the open forum will cause them to act. It usually backfires though, whether you're right or not.

I have never been really burnt from any of my AS buys. And I have bought alot of saws from here!
And I always get the fella's number if the transition is over 100 bucks.
There are some good fella's here, just because you get burned once dont mean its gonna happen again.

As someone said before, people have other lifes rather then just AS and saws.

Hey Brad, make this a better thread. Post a Pic of that 090G thats up for auction. I dreamed about that saw last night after starring at it for about an hour. I think its almost as good looking as a Contra.

just reading this??? hate it for you,,, bought and sold quite a bit here with only minor hiccups...

This is not the norm from what ive seen in the last 6 years,,

Hope it all works out for ya bro,,,

pressure in the open forum will cause them to act.
Mods have made perfectly clear more than once that arboristsite is not to be used this way. Members are allowed to post about deals gone bad, but not use posts as a from of pressure. There's good reason for this.

Dude said in his first post he's never dealing with asite members again. Sounds to me like he'd be doing us all a favor if he sticks to his word.

Hey Brad, make this a better thread. Post a Pic of that 090G thats up for auction. I dreamed about that saw last night after starring at it for about an hour. I think its almost as good looking as a Contra.

Excellent idea:) BTW, I've had an unknown number of guys on this forum send me hundreds and thousands of dollars to buy and mod brand new saws. I have a brand new 3/4 wrap MS660 on the bench right now. There are a LOT of GREAT guys on this forum. Don't let one bad experience ruin it for you!

Here's something that any CADoholic can drewl over. We're talking 137cc of gear drive monster torque! She's been gone through from the crank on up. She's in fantastic condition. Not only that, all donations made in this charity drive will go straight to continuing help Stumpy get back on his feet. For details on how to participate, go to the Stickies and find the 090G thread. FYI, I have nothing to do with the money end of this, so you'll have to get those details in the sticky.

[video=youtube_share;Eb0nkT1raaA]http://youtu.be/Eb0nkT1raaA[/video]

You see that meatsaw? Not all of us are bad, some of the guys on this site would give the shirt of there back to help a fellow they have never met out. That sweet dream saw, was donated then restored to raise money for a guys who's lively hood burned to the ground. Don't judge us all from some misdealing of one fella. And how do we know the saws won't show up tomorrow? I hope you get your saws, and they make you forget this bitterness. The guys on here for the most part are A+, look at the Christmas thread. Another example of the guys on here. Good Luck and hope you get a package tomorrow.

Mods have made perfectly clear more than once that arboristsite is not to be used this way. Members are allowed to post about deals gone bad, but not use posts as a from of pressure. There's good reason for this.

Dude said in his first post he's never dealing with asite members again. Sounds to me like he'd be doing us all a favor if he sticks to his word.

Easy killer! No names have been said, he's claimed being unable to contact the person, though he's made numerous attempts.
He's not calling anybody out, just asking how he should proceed and how angry he should be right now. Nothing more.
You and I've both seen these things go both ways through the years, and I'm certainly not picking sides and smelling arm pits in this one! But I don't see any reason for it to be shut down either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back