Transplanted 14 ft. White Pine - Not doing so Hot...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the help identifying. Luckily there are no other white pines within a few miles. I am unsure if I brought the bugs with me, as the tree has been there for a year and a half or so, and just showed up now. I've never seen them before on this, nor any other white I've seen in the area. The tree was transplanted from no more than 30-40 miles away. I'll give the soap/water spray a try as it seems to be the least harmful "solution" (good pun?)

Kids bubble for blowing bubbles is a good inert (?) soap that might work.

Aphids might be responsible for some of the yellowing of the needles,but that sap running down the tree looks like some type of canker disease. I don't know what type of beetles you have out your way, but it could possibly be from bark beetles too. Young stressed trees call to them like a dinner bell.

I'll keep an eye out for beetles, but I haven't seen any. The dish soap/ water spray appears to have done the job. Took two applications. Aphids are all dead, there's a few ants around but I'm sure they're slowly moving out as the aphids die off. No $$$ needed on potentially harmful insecticides, which is great! Thanks all. What a great resource.

Latest posts

Back