Tree guy sayings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know one saying I am tired of using...goes somethin like this.....HHHHEEEEYYYYYY..or EEEEEEHHHHHHHHH . trying to yell "hay" over that loud asz chipper. Not sure if they dont look up often enough or if I just have no paitence. I have started my saw just to get someone to look up cuz I need another rope or something. I should buy one of those whistles! lol...

I know one saying I am tired of using...goes somethin like this.....HHHHEEEEYYYYYY..or EEEEEEHHHHHHHHH . trying to yell "hay" over that loud asz chipper. Not sure if they dont look up often enough or if I just have no paitence. I have started my saw just to get someone to look up cuz I need another rope or something. I should buy one of those whistles! lol...

Aw man, you gotta know the classic treeguy "WHOOO, WHOOO"! It's kinda hard to type it out effectively, but that pitch can usually be heard (eventually) over equipment. The first time someone did that to me, I was like "what, you think I'm your ####ing dog now or something douche- bag??" it does work though. lol.

I actually have a brand new whistle, so I've had that thought too... just never bothered taking it out of the plastic. I guess that would be a little over the top.

Last edited:
"Stop making toothpicks!" Ground guy cutting up brush way too small, usually just for the pure joy of cutting stuff with the chainsaw.

"That was the biggest tree I ever sawed!"

"Will the truck pull the tree or will the tree pull the truck?" Luckily, it has always been the first one for me :hmm3grin2orange:.

this 1's great

F*** no!

Don't just stand there and scratch yourself

"Yeah, it's a good mornin to go F*** yourself"

Yes mam' there is holes in your grass now but we dont charge for lawn aerating .

As the climber rips a huge log through the middle of smaller tree next to it...."that prune is on us..."

my old foreman told me this along time ago(Question-whats the diffrence between a 100$ tree and a 1000$ tree. ANSWER-ones a 100$ tree and the other is a 1000$ tree. tree work is tree work now get your ass back to ####in work you worthless apprentice. lol oh how i used to love being the low man on the totem pole in the barrel every day

Last edited:
Short and fat or skinny and tall sooner or later they all gotta fall.
This is gonna suck.
I'll do a proper pruning cut on that apple tree when I get the rest of this ash down.

AW HELL...:rock:
Now we got some wood (dont want to know)
It was supposed to fall their...
ITs always the green horns fault.
it barber chaired cauz your a dumb ass (what i said to an idiot)

Coma!: local climber warning.

To client: Compare removing your tree to making an omelet. When you make an omelet a few eggs get broken. Think of your yard as an egg.

Textition- the guy who cant put down his phone, give him a simple task, all is well till he gets a text, then forgets what he............................... LOL,OMG Idk brb...................was doing

Emotiontroll- guy who needs positive feed back (pats on the back) all the time, for doing the same thing everyone else is doing.

DEFLECTOR- guy who will come up with the crazy ascs excuse why, what he did, is someone elses (sp?) fault.

Pro Avoider- guy who will make himself look busy so he don't have to help the others, taken twice as long to put up his gear, timing it perfectly with the last log

Halfman- guy who does not have enough internal fortitude (balls) to own up to his f-ups.

All these came from me thinking about 1 guy!

Hows this for a saying.....GET YOUR ASS OFF THAT PHONE RIGHT NOW AND HELP THESE GUYS OR START F@#$ING WALKING!!

Back