tree monkeys 2153 deluxe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if I know i'm going to cut through, I epoxy it first

Same goes for welding them, much easier to build it up first, filling in holes with thin edges can easily end up as a larger hole.
I tend to break through on the outer top exhaust side corner and am left wondering how thin it is on the ones that don't.
Might be better off to break through and then shore it up than be running a transfer tunnel that's an eggshell...

Same goes for welding them, much easier to build it up first, filling in holes with thin edges can easily end up as a larger hole.
I tend to break through on the outer top exhaust side corner and am left wondering how thin it is on the ones that don't.
Might be better off to break through and then shore it up than be running a transfer tunnel that's an eggshell...

Yes, it's much easier to weld the tops of the transfers when there is not a hole in them and plenty of material to attach to.

When you guys do all this extra work ,i hope you get extra compensation for your time vs a reg port job .

Epoxy has been used for years like this. If you can look close at this Marcel Vincent 166 exhaust you can see the epoxy that was used to build the top of exhaust being it was raised so much. ;)

Copyof166Dolmar004.jpg

Epoxy has been used for years like this. If you can look close at this Marcel Vincent 166 exhaust you can see the epoxy that was used to build the top of exhaust being it was raised so much. ;)

I was waiting to see if someone had any pics of epoxy on the exhaust side. If it can hold there, and on Scotts high RPM crank, I dont see any reason whatsoever to avoid it on the intake.

Thanks Scott, Randy, and Kevin for posting up these pics showing real world use of epoxy in our saws !
I wouldnt have believed it, but I am convinced now.

the only question I have now is ............ whats the better epoxy, JB Weld or Devcon with aluminum ?

I can't say with any certainty. I've used both with good results.

I've built external transfer ports entirely out of JB Weld. Worked just fine.

The Devcon with aluminum is "suppose" to expand and contract at the same rate as the base metal.......that's why I chose it.

I would think devcon would be better but JB weld has held on lots of intakes and stuff like that.

The Devcon is very good stuff, but because I get a great price, we use Belzona supermetal to adjust our exhaust and to repair/beef-up our "cut" Mercury 2.5 L drag motor blocks... it also mates very well with cast aluminum

I can't say with any certainty. I've used both with good results.

I've built external transfer ports entirely out of JB Weld. Worked just fine.

The Devcon with aluminum is "suppose" to expand and contract at the same rate as the base metal.......that's why I chose it.

Devcon F is what is use for that reason too. It has a thermal coefficient of expansion extremely close to aluminum or magnesium. I've never had a problem with it heaving off the base metal.

Latest posts

Back