Tree Rigging : The Plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonner1040

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score

Here is a video I initially produced on retention lines. It didnt all go as we intended but our plan, rigging, and equipment choices ensured a desirable outcome. I found a different lesson and focused the video on that.

The tree barber chairs, it wasnt expected and could have been prevented had it been identified as a potential hazard. The point is that a good plan, rigging system and appropriate equipment choices created redundancy which ensured the result.

No person or method is perfect.

Thought that was a pretty standard practice to tie off 90 degree and basically swing the tree. I use it alot.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

someone hasn't subscribed to ............. V ............... school of precision felling
<-----------------------------------[Daniel Murphys ]

he invented that technquie that was being used in the video

With that cut, I am not sure I am too surprised about the barber chair... Can't tell from the video how thick the hinge was. Like you said...good thing to have a full plan in place!

Another lesson, notch it where you want it to fall, and notch open and deep. Use a tapered hinge and/or a Dutchman to swing. Retaining line anchor should be more forward than 90 degrees. This shows how to set it up.

Back